My first water change

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alright, I've just completed my very first partial (a little over 20%) water change. For the most part, things are normal. The cherry barbs are acting like themselves, my pleco is fine, the only thing that bothers me a bit is my tiger barbs are zipping all over the tank aimlessly since the second I poured the declorinated water in. They've really taken a notice to this water change. The only difference really is in the temperature. The tank was at 78 and now it's at 80f 27c. I hope I didn't make the water too warm. It's remained at 80 for a little while now. Anyway, I'm just hoping they'll calm down and above all, I want them to be okay.

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nevermind. They're all back to their old behavior which is chasing each other around and even nipping at one another.

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
They probably just got freaked out since it was the first time you did a water change.
My fish used to totally freak out when I did a water change in any of my tanks.
Now they don't care. My bettas will attack the syphon (if it's on their side of the tank) and in our 28 gallon.. all of the fish don't care anymore heh. The guppies will swim around the syphon, the danios will actually try to peck at the debris that's getting sucked up lol.. it's really cute but a bit nervewracking when trying not to suck up any of your fish hehe

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mine are very curious and try to investigate the siphon when I am draining water, and they like to hang out right in the flow of the freshwater I add back. Goofy things.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sgould said:
Mine are very curious and try to investigate the siphon when I am draining water, and they like to hang out right in the flow of the freshwater I add back. Goofy things.
LOL.. they are! ours are like that too and when i move where I'm adding water, they swim over to the new spot. :

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
funny how we can be taught or told to worry about them over something they find to be a fun game.. it's funny how they'll 'chase' the water around as you pour it in. lol

We saw some beautiful gourami today.. yes, we were fish shopping AGAIN while on vacation. at least we were able to buy an anemone decoration for Angel.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom