My First Time Having a Fish Sucked Against the Filter Intake

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys,
This morning when I woke up I noticed my cory was stuck to the filter intake :nailbiting:. I immediately unplugged the filter and he fell off (not sure how I should word that). I was really scared he was dead, but after a moment of being stunned, he started swimming normally again.
I am going to cover the intake with a sponge as soon as I can get my hands on some.

Fisch

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AquaticQueen said:
Hey guys,
This morning when I woke up I noticed my cory was stuck to the filter intake :nailbiting:. I immediately unplugged the filter and he fell off (not sure how I should word that). I was really scared he was dead, but after a moment of being stunned, he started swimming normally again.
I am going to cover the intake with a sponge as soon as I can get my hands on some.
How big is your Corie?
Yes, reading all the stories, I plan to remove the plastic cage and put a sponge onto the intake.

OP
AquaticQueen

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fisch said:
How big is your Corie?
Yes, reading all the stories, I plan to remove the plastic cage and put a sponge onto the intake.
Like an inch and a half at the most. I plan to add sponge to the intake of my betta tank's filter too.

Anixandria

Reaction score
I’m so glad you found it in time! My baby rainbow shark died about 3 months ago from being stuck in the filter for too long. Now I’m religious about sponges over filter intakes.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom