My First Tank 29 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Tanman19az, Mar 25, 2010.

1. T

Tanman19az Valued Member Member

Hey guys! I just started this hobby back in January and now I am obsessed! My wife hates it! I'm always stopping at pet stores, Petsmarts, and Petcos. I started with a 5 gallon tank from Walmart and now I have a 29 gallon. Currently I have the following fish in the tank:
    8 Neon Tetras
    4 Tiger Barbs
    2 Mollies
    2 Gouramis

For the time being I also have 4 ADFs and some ghost shrimp in there too because I'm using their tank as a hospital tank for my 2 mollies that got some fungus

Attached Files:

2. t

timmygt33 Valued Member Member

Looks nice mate!
    SO jealous, Cant get ADF in Australia really, so rare and expensive

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello TanMan and Welcome to Fish Lore,

Beautiful tank! :;perfect I see one cute little frog hanging on the plants. :)Thanks for sharing it with us.
    I hope you enjoy the site!
    Ken

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

WELCOME TO FISHLORE! :;hi2

Beautiful tank! Nice job. Don't worry about your wife, I'm sure she'll get use to it :D Best of luck! :;hf

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Beautiful tank!

6. thequietman44

thequietman44 Valued Member Member

Welcome to FishLore :). I also started with a 5g kit (raising triops actually), but then I started thinking it might be nice to have some fish or other invertebrates. That's when my 36g bowfront came in as a tropical community tank. Then I thought "Wow, it would be so cool to add a crayfish", but he'll need his own tank, thus the 10g. My wife has always wanted a crab, so we got a 6g bookshelf that now has two fiddler crabs.

MTS will get you. It's only a matter of time. I say succumb early and enjoy it ;).

7. OP
    OP
    T

Thanks everyone! Yea, I just need the space to develop MTS. I am in a small 1 bedroom apt and I am lucky to even have the space that I have now haha

8. OP
    OP
    T

I rearranged my aquascape and I also took out my plastic plants. Now, my fishes have a lot more room to swim around.

I also added a pic of my frog/hospital/quarantine tank. I have a pregnant black molly and gold dusted black molly in it right now as well.

The last pic is my lil 1 gallon full of juvenile red cherry shrimps and 3 molly fry I saved.

Attached Files:

9. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

It looks fantastic! I like the 2nd photo. Looks very peaceful :) Well done! About the 1 gallon tank, if you don't know, you'll have to move the fry and juvies out as soon as they reach a certain size. Best of luck! :)

10. m

moosejeffrey New Member Member

you did a good job. Tank looks awsome.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice