My First Tank 29 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Tanman19az, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Tanman19azValued MemberMember

Hey guys! I just started this hobby back in January and now I am obsessed! My wife hates it! I'm always stopping at pet stores, Petsmarts, and Petcos. I started with a 5 gallon tank from Walmart and now I have a 29 gallon. Currently I have the following fish in the tank:
    8 Neon Tetras
    4 Tiger Barbs
    2 Mollies
    2 Gouramis

For the time being I also have 4 ADFs and some ghost shrimp in there too because I'm using their tank as a hospital tank for my 2 mollies that got some fungus

Attached Files:

2. timmygt33Valued MemberMember

Looks nice mate!
    SO jealous, Cant get ADF in Australia really, so rare and expensive

3. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello TanMan and Welcome to Fish Lore,

Beautiful tank! :;perfect I see one cute little frog hanging on the plants. :)Thanks for sharing it with us.
    I hope you enjoy the site!
    Ken

4. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

WELCOME TO FISHLORE! :;hi2

Beautiful tank! Nice job. Don't worry about your wife, I'm sure she'll get use to it :D Best of luck! :;hf

5. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Welcome to Fishlore! Beautiful tank!

6. thequietman44Valued MemberMember

Welcome to FishLore :). I also started with a 5g kit (raising triops actually), but then I started thinking it might be nice to have some fish or other invertebrates. That's when my 36g bowfront came in as a tropical community tank. Then I thought "Wow, it would be so cool to add a crayfish", but he'll need his own tank, thus the 10g. My wife has always wanted a crab, so we got a 6g bookshelf that now has two fiddler crabs.

MTS will get you. It's only a matter of time. I say succumb early and enjoy it ;).

7. Tanman19azValued MemberMember

Thanks everyone! Yea, I just need the space to develop MTS. I am in a small 1 bedroom apt and I am lucky to even have the space that I have now haha

8. Tanman19azValued MemberMember

I rearranged my aquascape and I also took out my plastic plants. Now, my fishes have a lot more room to swim around.

I also added a pic of my frog/hospital/quarantine tank. I have a pregnant black molly and gold dusted black molly in it right now as well.

The last pic is my lil 1 gallon full of juvenile red cherry shrimps and 3 molly fry I saved.

Attached Files:

9. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

It looks fantastic! I like the 2nd photo. Looks very peaceful :) Well done! About the 1 gallon tank, if you don't know, you'll have to move the fry and juvies out as soon as they reach a certain size. Best of luck! :)

10. moosejeffreyNew MemberMember

you did a good job. Tank looks awsome.