29 Gallon Tank My First Tank

Tanman19az

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey guys! I just started this hobby back in January and now I am obsessed! My wife hates it! I'm always stopping at pet stores, Petsmarts, and Petcos. I started with a 5 gallon tank from Walmart and now I have a 29 gallon. Currently I have the following fish in the tank:
8 Neon Tetras
4 Tiger Barbs
2 Mollies
2 Gouramis

For the time being I also have 4 ADFs and some ghost shrimp in there too because I'm using their tank as a hospital tank for my 2 mollies that got some fungus

Attachments

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello TanMan and Welcome to Fish Lore,

Beautiful tank! I see one cute little frog hanging on the plants. Thanks for sharing it with us.
I hope you enjoy the site!
Ken

peacemaker92

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WELCOME TO FISHLORE!

Beautiful tank! Nice job. Don't worry about your wife, I'm sure she'll get use to it Best of luck!

thequietman44

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore . I also started with a 5 gallon kit (raising triops actually), but then I started thinking it might be nice to have some fish or other invertebrates. That's when my 36g bowfront came in as a tropical community tank. Then I thought "Wow, it would be so cool to add a crayfish", but he'll need his own tank, thus the 10g. My wife has always wanted a crab, so we got a 6 gallon bookshelf that now has two fiddler crabs.

MTS will get you. It's only a matter of time. I say succumb early and enjoy it .

OP
T

Tanman19az

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everyone! Yea, I just need the space to develop MTS. I am in a small 1 bedroom apt and I am lucky to even have the space that I have now haha

OP
T

Tanman19az

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I rearranged my aquascape and I also took out my plastic plants. Now, my fishes have a lot more room to swim around.

I also added a pic of my frog/hospital/quarantine tank. I have a pregnant black molly and gold dusted black molly in it right now as well.

The last pic is my lil 1 gallon full of juvenile red cherry shrimps and 3 molly fry I saved.

Attachments

peacemaker92

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It looks fantastic! I like the 2nd photo. Looks very peaceful Well done! About the 1 gallon tank, if you don't know, you'll have to move the fry and juvies out as soon as they reach a certain size. Best of luck!

New Threads