My first tank setup

1. Weedcali

Weedcali New Member Member

Im so happy i finally get to setup my new (first) tank. i didnt end up getting the 40 gallon like i wanted but im more than happy with the 36 gallon bowfront :)

still cloudy but this was about 25 minutes after running the filter, now its been on for about 3 hours.
    372.jpg

2. P

PetCentralNotObsessed New Member Member

Nice looking bowfront. Keep us posted as you progress with this tank.

3. OP
    OP
    Weedcali

sure thing :)

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Congrats on the new tank Weed! I'll be looking forward to your updates!
    Have fun!
    Ken

5. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Looks nice! What's going inside?

6. agabr123

agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats! :) can't wait to see the progress!

7. OP
    OP
    Weedcali

yeah neither can i :p

Im planning on having my rainbow shark in it, a pictus cat, small group of panda corys, blue paradise, couple dwarf gouramis... but i havent really fully decided on what and how many of each.

8. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

If you spend a little time researching the care requirements of the fish you want to keep, you can save yourself a lot of aggrevation and money :)

What kind of filtration?

9. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

You shold start out with hardy fish first if you want to do a fis-in cycle like get 4 zebra danios or something since they can be in a tank that large, but its your tank so good luck. :p

It will be more pretty if you had plants in there but that just me. :D

10. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

A fish in cycle is not something everyone agrees on konstargirl...theres no need to put any fish in the stres of cycling even if they are hardy....its just not fair to them ...

11. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I agree. Fishless is the way to go IMO... a lot less dangerous for fish, and a lot easier for the aquarist.