My first saved BB guppies!

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The first time I kept the fries together with the adult guppies..no one survived!
Just today in the morning when I feed them I realized that are some BB guppies around .. rushed to the store and bought a netbreed.. So now I have 7 BB guppies to take care of!

Last edited by a moderator:

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats!!!!! If you have enough plant cover, the fry are clever, they KNOW when to stay away from the parents!

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats!!!!! If you have enough plant cover, the fry are clever, they KNOW when to stay away from the parents!
Thanks! I have just 2 healthy amazon sword... I was observing the aquarium and one adult female was making black poop..I search on the Internet and the reason was cause when they eat the babies fries the poop turns black... I was little concerned about it...

Junne

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks! I have just 2 healthy amazon sword... I was observing the aquarium and one adult female was making black poop..I search on the Internet and the reason was cause when they eat the babies fries the poop turns black... I was little concerned about it...
Well its natures way of population control. Just be careful though ( not sure if you are giving the fry to friends/lfs, etc ) because with a female having 20 + fry at a time, your tank can and will get quite full in a few months time.

FeederGuppies

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Be careful with guppies! Even if the parents eat most of them, there WILL be enough survivors to over populate your tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom