My First Planted Tank!

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by HamSnacks, Jun 23, 2018.

1. HamSnacksValued MemberMember

Posted a few threads in regards to my tank (Thank you for all the help) and I think I am finally done! Now just regular Maintenance. Thought I would share the final build with the details and get any suggestions/opinions on anything that can be done better or is wrong (won't take it personally lol) especially on the maintenance part.

60 Gallon Tank, (48" Wide, 12" Deep, 24" High)
    2 x AquaClear 70 Hang on Filters
    4 x 55W Sunblaster T5Ho Bulbs at 6400k, 2 lights are blue and red
    Temperature currently at 77F, trying to get it down to 72F, going through a heat warning in the city.
    Sand as Substrate

Plants:

2 x Java Fern Bundles, 2 x Amazon Sword Bundles, 1 x Bundle of Christmas Moss, 2 x Anubia Bartari, 1 x Crinum Calamistratum, 1 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii, 5 x Jungle Vals, 2 x Anubia Bartari.

Maintenance:

20-25% Water Change Per Week
    Seachem Flourish Tabs in the Sand
    Nilocg THRIVE All in One Fertilizer, dose every 5 days
    8 Hours of Light per day, 4 Hours at a Time, Lights are about 6.2" From the surface of the water but do have glass tops.

Thanks again for all the help, I am pretty happy with the setup and hope they all thrive very well!

mcK0lKs.jpg
    gbgxzQJ.jpg
    GiisOYo.jpg
    2fKold1.jpg

2. Lagertha

LagerthaValued MemberMember

That looks really good!

3. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Looks good i like your wood

4. Seasoldier

SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

If that's your first effort you are a gifted natural, it looks fantastic, if it were mine I wouldn't change a thing, it will look even better once the plants grow in & spread out. I like the way your scaping blends in with the background pic, what are you stocking it with?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice