My First Planted Tank - Videos

scottieb

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm planning to document the progress of my tank with videos, so they will go here.

OP
scottieb

scottieb

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks! I've actually had that silver dollar for over 7 years. He used to be in a bigger tank, but we had to get rid of it when we moved. Good thing is I doubt he's getting any bigger at this point.

I'd heard so many horror stories of silver dollars in planted tanks, but apparently all the years as a dither fish in a carnivorous tank has made my silver dollar not care about plants - he doesn't touch them. In fact, if he grabs a piece of leaf with his food, he spits the leaf out every time.

Pardon me, need to knock on some wood...

OP
scottieb

scottieb

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How did I do what exactly?? Not sure what you're asking

OP
scottieb

scottieb

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well honestly there's not many effects - just a few dissolves and fades which can be done in any editing program. It's mostly just straight shooting and editing.

I used my Canon t2I and a few different lenses and edited it in Adobe Premiere. For the first few shots the aquarium lights were off and the sun was coming in the room in a way that would bounce off the silver dollar and light up the tank when he turned. The sun only comes through the window like that for a few minutes in the afternoon on nice days.

New Threads