My first Dirted!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ethan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. EthanWell Known MemberMember

Alright so i woke up today flew to kmart bought some miracle grow then flew to the pet store grabbed some gravel. ran home and set it up. just to find out my 5g filter is broke so i had to put the filter that came with my 30gallon on it this tank is gonna be super filtered haha. P1040307.JPG will be home to my brothers betta and a mystery snails

2. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

That looks really good. Both my betta tanks are dirted and the plants love it. And the fish seem to be quite happy too :).

3. AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Looking great. Dirted tanks are the way to go.

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Hey that's cool buddy, post more photos when the fish go in! :)

5. EthanWell Known MemberMember

P1040308.JPG just bought him today so he is a little raggedy but a week or 2 of nls will fix that. my brother wanted him because he was orange

6. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Nice Job!

7. EthanWell Known MemberMember

it is ok to have a 30gallon filter on a 5gallon right? :eek:

8. klogue2Valued MemberMember

Definitely, but if it's on your betta's tank make sure it doesn't blow him around. If it does, you can make a baffle for it.

9. EthanWell Known MemberMember

he has some dead zones he likes to hang out behind the flow and under the java moss or on it :p

10. ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Looks really nice!!! Great job and a lot of hard work you've done there!

11. EthanWell Known MemberMember

P1050316.JPGP1050318.JPG day number 2 added an anubias and just letting it float because it is a pain to get in to the gravel lol

12. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

I just wrapped a plant weight around one of the roots of my anubias and they stayed on the bottom until the roots made their way into the substrate.

Tank is looking really good.

13. EthanWell Known MemberMember

P1130379.JPG i am still debating what his final colors will be

14. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

I am predicting "Gorgeous" ;). He is looking really good.

15. EthanWell Known MemberMember

hes got the black trim followed by some slight blue and then the coppery orange hes such a mystery lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice