My first Betta!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by fryt, Dec 19, 2012.

1. fryt

fryt New Member Member

I have been wanting a betta for some time now. As an early Christmas present my wife got me a little 5g tank! I was looking at the various pet stores around to try and find a Betta that I liked, but was not having much luck. I figured I would just get the tank all set up and get it cycled while I looked for a fish.

As luck would have it the next day we were out of dog food so I took off to PetSmart to grab some more. As I always do when I go there I always wander around the fish section before I actually buy what I came in for. As I didn't bother to look at PetSmart on my betta hunt, as they are usually in appalling condition, I figured maybe I could get lucky and find a nice one. Well they were just restocking their betta selection when I watched the employee pull this little guy out and put him on the shelf. I knew this was the fish for me! I scooped him up right away and grabbed some Tetra Safe Start to insta cycle the tank and took off home forgetting to get the dog food that I went in for!

Anyway here is my new betta! I don't have a name yet, but I think he's quite nice looking.

Betta.jpg

2. m

mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

He's very handsome! :)

3. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

What a cutie! Good find :)

4. Moneypenny1967

Moneypenny1967 Valued Member Member

Very photogenic:)They seem all have a personality.My daughter commented when saw my new betta that he looked grumpy.I had to explain that they all look like that but beauty is only fin deep:D.The children I look after are much more interested in watching him than any of my other fish.Great find.

5. Joel2036

Joel2036 Valued Member Member

Very nice find !!! He is very good looking !! I love the fins

6. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Love his colour he is soooooo pretty :)

7. g

gussie New Member Member

Beatiful betta you have there, Great find!

8. Mrs.Price

Mrs.Price Valued Member Member

A VERY beautiful Betta!! :D

However, I would suggest upgrading to a tank no less than 10gal... why they sell anything less is beyond me.

9. kb9plc

kb9plc Well Known Member Member

Love the bright blue color! You need a 'blue' related name with a betta like that! :)

I have my betta in a 6.6 bookshelf tank. Of course, the bigger the tank the happier the betta.
    In my personal opinion, I think a 5 is fine... but it is the minimum I would put any beautiful fishie in.

Good luck with your new boy! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice