My first babies!

Masspanic

I’ve never had anything breed before but it seems my nerite snails did! So excited

Edit: False alarm apparently

richiep

Sorry that's a pond/bladder snail, nerite snails won't breed in the aquarium.
That snail will multiply very fast if you don't want more then remove it

StinkyLoaf

I don’t think that nerites can reproduce in freshwater. They can lay eggs but said eggs won’t survive. Hmm...

Masspanic

richiep said:
Sorry that's a pond/bladder snail, nerite snails won't breed in the aquarium.
That snail will multiply very fast if you don't want more then remove it
darn it. I didn’t add any new fish or plants to the aquarium recently though?

richiep

You'll be surprised how the get in, I do wounder myself sometimes

Masspanic

richiep said:
You'll be surprised how the get in, I do wounder myself sometimes
So weird! Oh well I don’t mind him... at least not yet we’ll see haha

StinkyLoaf

There are many ways for snails to get in. Maybe by identifying the species we can guesstimate how it could’ve got in there. It’s still very young so identification might prove difficult.

Masspanic

Maybe my betta will eat it... I don’t mind a few but I don’t want like a hundred

richiep

If you crush it on the glass he may well eat it

Masspanic

richiep

You only need 1 assissan

Sweetie07

Bless you - I got so excited when I saw the post about your Nerite babies, but yes I 100% agree with richiep - that's a tadpole bladder snail alright.. :-( I'd be very hesitant to get an Assassin snail with your Nerites - some won't have a go at decent sized snails like Nerites but the fact that they could (and would) if they wanted to would be a major no-no for me. I couldn't kill them in my tank either Masspanic so I just removed them everytime I saw one and relocated it to my neighbour's little pond. Make sure you check everywhere for the jelly-like eggs, in all the corners/joins of your tank; under and on plant leaves and pots etc, as they definitely breed relentlessly when unchallenged.. Some people love them but I'm not a fan! Good luck! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom