My First 65 Gallon Community Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by EagleDrake13, Apr 16, 2018.

1. EagleDrake13New MemberMember

I am building my first community tank in a 65 gallon aquarium that is I think 48x18x18 tall

3 pearl gourami
    2 common pleco
    4 swordtails
    2 silver molly
    2 black molly
    12 zebra danio
    4 sunburst platy
    2 angel fish

Was wondering if this was overstocked or if I could fit more in there and if everything is compatible.

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

You need to get rid of the common plecos. they get way too big for your aquarium. Also, the angels and the gourami might be out of place with the rest of the species. they like it a bit hotter temp than the other species around 80. Also, these two species of fish don't do well in just twos. Swords, mollys, platys seem all right together. In my opinion you should have 3 different aquariums here 1.Angel fish, and Gourami 2. swordtails, molly, platy 3. danio. The danios come from streams and like a temperature high of 76. The four degree difference is huge in accordance to what is stated above.

3. EagleDrake13New MemberMember

Maybe tetras instead of danios

4. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

tetras are a good idea, I would put the tetras with the gourami and angels which both like the higher temps and similar water chemistry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice