my firemouth cichlids are starting to breed and i dont know what to do

wilsonr

Reaction score
some tubes have come down and the femail is hideing all the time in the same place the mail gards the femail and ther is a big pit in front of them I don't no whether to do a water change incase I spook them some 1 please help

OP
W

wilsonr

Reaction score
the mails tube has gon back up the femail is still hideing should I not do a water change

OP
W

wilsonr

Reaction score
a week a go I'm starting to get worred the tubs have gon up, apart from the ends the pit they dug is collapsing and there is no sign of babys will they still breeding? ,I was thinking if they don't breed this time put them in a tank of there own

ncje

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
I would just leave them alone for a bit.
Carol.
Do you water change and get your water conditions back to ready for breeding, then follow Carols advice. Give them some space to do their thing and be a little patient.

OP
W

wilsonr

Reaction score
the mail and femail have come out of hideing and there is know sighn of eggs I'm not to shur if they are mature yet

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They may not be mature enough yet. and it may take a couple of times to get it right. Now would be a good time for a good water change.
Carol

OP
W

wilsonr

Reaction score
iv got 2 pairs I think and they wer in the same tank so I split them up and after that both pairs started fiteing so I swaped the femails I think and they seem to be more frendly twords each other but the bigist fish out of the pairs allwas chase the others away its hard to tell the mails and femails apart becose they all have pointed dorsil fins but the ones I think are mails have more pointed fins than the femails does anyone no what I shuld do

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If their not damaging each other I would just do water changes, feeding etc the same as usual and leave them alone.
Carol

New Threads