my firemouth cichlids are starting to breed and i dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Firemouth Cichlid' started by wilsonr, May 17, 2006.

1. wilsonrNew MemberMember

some tubes have come down and the femail is hideing all the time in the same place the mail gards the femail and ther is a big pit in front of them i dont no wether to do a water change incase i spook them some 1 plz help

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I would just leave them alone for a bit.
    Carol.

3. wilsonrNew MemberMember

the mails tube has gon back up the femail is still hideing should i not do a water change

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

When did you do a water change last?
    Carol

5. wilsonrNew MemberMember

a week a go im starting to get worred the tubs have gon up, apart from the ends the pit they dug is collapsing and there is no sign of babys will they still breeding? ,i was thinking if they dont breed this time put them in a tank of there own

6. ncjeValued MemberMember

Do you water change and get your water conditions back to ready for breeding, then follow Carols advice. Give them some space to do their thing and be a little patient.

7. wilsonrNew MemberMember

the mail and femail have come out of hideing and there is know sighn of eggs im not to shur if they are mature yet

8. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

They may not be mature enough yet. and it may take a couple of times to get it right. Now would be a good time for a good water change.
    Carol

9. wilsonrNew MemberMember

iv got 2 pairs i think and they wer in the same tank so i split them up and after that both pairs started fiteing so i swaped the femails i think and they seem to be more frendly twords each other but the bigist fish out of the pairs allwas chase the others away its hard to tell the mails and femails apart becose they all have pointed dorsil fins but the ones i think are mails have more pointed fins than the femails does anyone no what i shuld do

10. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

If their not damaging each other I would just do water changes, feeding etc the same as usual and leave them alone.
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice