My finished aquarium

honeybunny

let me know what you guys think. the tank is finally cycled and up and running.

Lucy

It looks really nice, lots of fun things for your fish to swim through.
I looked at your aquarium info, you listed your ammonia as toxic?

honeybunny

the ammonia problem got out of hand so I started over. I got bio-spira and the fish and cycled in four days.

Tavel

that's really nice looking. It's very bright and open looking.

Lucy

honeybunny said:
the ammonia problem got out of hand so I started over. I got bio-spira and the fish and cycled in four days.
Whew, lol, glad to hear that.

dandilyin

I really like it!

Especially the sand/gravel you used on the bottom
Really pretty :]

MissMTS

Looks great

finmama

Very nice, I love all the rocks with holes

COBettaCouple

Beautiful! and I love the theme!

corylover

very nice looking tank. I have a question for you, do you find that there are enough hiding places and that the fish are getting along ok? I ask because you have some of the same fish we were thinking of for our 40 gallon tank. how do they get along so far?

honeybunny

I have 12 african cichlids in my tank. they get along okay as long as they are feed enough. they are very aggressive but they swim very fast. they dig holes in my substrate and hide underneth rocks, plants, inside my colliseum, between leaves, anywhere you can imagine. overall they do get along.

corylover

the guy my husband was talking to said to start with a pair of Labidochromis and a pair of Elongatus Mbuna.

teknofilechik

I noticed you've got auratus and kenyI in your tank... I have four cichlids in a 20 gallon (and a couple other fish) and they're SUPER aggressive. Be warned you may need to upgrade to a larger tank after a while. Especially if most of your fish are male.

Angela_96

It looks great!! I hope they don't dig your stuff up! as they grow they get to digging bigger and bigger holes, and they will dig your plants, even fake ones up.
BTW beware of the KenyI and the Aurtus. I had to give one of the two species up. I got rid of the Auratus (sp). Those are both the most extremly aggressive cichlids. My tank is much more peaceful w/o them! I picked the kenyI because of their beauty, they were also a lot less aggressive than the other.
Also the 55 is plenty for the amount of cichlids you have as long as you have ample filitration, we also have a 55, w/ 12 cichlids, and 2 plecos (one pleco is getting moved when I take my rocks out sat so I can catch it). They actually say up to 15 cichlids for 55 gallon is fine.

Red wag platy

I like it! Very nice!drool

purple_phoenix

Cool! I'm liking the 'ruins' theme - I bet your fish love it!!

lalynya

lol..looks like ancient greece rome is a popular theme hehehe

nickf5

that coloseum looks expensive

haddaj04

what kind of substrate is that, I see sand and what did you mix it with? I want to put that in my 20 gallon.

j_shepard

I'm inspired. I love your tank!

hockeyref88

I was looking at getting those collisium things just last week for my community tank.......Very nice!!

MagpieTear

Very Nice! Well executed. But did you say it's finished? An aquarium is never finished... there's always the newst "gotta have it!" thing at the LFS.

pinky93

I love the kinda ancient Greece ruins theme!

peacemaker92

It's beautiful! The most beautiful aquarium I've ever seen!

lyndatu

What a beautiful tank! Congrats!

Darlene

Love your tank and Cichlids...I can't wait till we move and can get a bigger tank. Right now we have 20 gallon with three rams in there.

shellbell4ever

Very Nice!

platy ben

Wow!, that is beautiful .
I'm getting a 32G tank soon, I'm stuck on my choice of stocking, its either going to be amazon fish like cardinals or african cichlids,
if I choose cichlids, how many could I keep in a 32G tank?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom