my female swordtail is crashed on the bottom!!

coolwater.gurl

Reaction score
hi everyone! i am new here! and i enjoy this site so much... anyway, i would really appreciate if anyone could help me with my female swordtail... she's doesn't swim this past 3 days.. she always stay on the bottom with her body touching the gravel.. she's so quiet and less active.. im kind'a worried coz she's not like that before.. she acts so strange.... could anybody here advise me what to do? or tell me what aspect should i check...? thank you so much....

coolwater.gurl

Reaction score
my female swordtail is crash on the bottom!!

hi everyone! i am new here! and i enjoy this site so much... anyway, i would really appreciate if anyone could help me with my female swordtail... she's doesn't swim this past 3 days.. she always stay on the bottom with her body touching the gravel.. she's so quiet and less active.. im kind'a worried coz she's not like that before.. she acts so strange.... could anybody here advise me what to do? or tell me what aspect should i check...? thank you so much....

whetto

Valued Member
Reaction score
Re: my female swordtail is crash on the bottom!!

does she eat? what does her stomach look like (flat, round, caved in)?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Are there other tankmates with her?

coolwater.gurl

Reaction score

thanks for your response with regards to my concern about my female swordtail who stays on the bottom of my aquarium... "yes" she eats.. but recently, i noticed she really loves to stay behind the plants where no one can disturb her and she's so still as if she's sleeping on the bottom...

her stomach is rounded but i hesitate to claim that she's pregnant, because in the group 16 fishes, i have there 2 female swordtail and 1 male red swordtail. The male red swordtail that i have is not that big or matured yet as compared with the female. that's why i don't think that the male red swordtail can make the female pregnant already..

This is really my first time to have an aquarium and fishes to take care of... that's why im always online searching for basic guidelines on fish breeding... as much as possible, i wouldn't want the female swordtail die... THANK YOU SO MUCH...

i hope to hear more advise from you soon.... and also, i have added you on my ym account... maybe, we could have a chat sometime sooner about my fish... thanks a lot ...

Muz

Reaction score
Can I assume that none of the other fish are showing the same symptoms?

Muz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
First, welcome to Fish Lore

When there is something wrong with anything in any tank, I always ask these basic questions first: How long have you had your tank, how large is it, and how many (and what types) of fish are in it? And: what are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom