My female multi shell dweller died.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by shrimp, Dec 15, 2012.

1. shrimp

shrimp Valued Member Member

So after not seeing her all day, i finally found her dead next to a rock. Ive tried every where to find another female because I dont want to keep my male a lone but had no luck. What should i do i don't want him being lonely.

2. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

Aquabid.com might have what you're looking for. Do you know the latin name of your species?

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

If it's a Multi then it's latin name is  
    carol

4. OP
    OP
    shrimp

I rather get them at a LFS then online. To me it feels safer and less stressful on the fish.

5. Eienna

...as far as stress, not exactly, considering they usually get shipped to the LFS anyway.

However, you are right about safer. Most online sellers only offer a DOA policy that extends to the cost of the fish and not the shipping, though there are exceptions, and almost none offer a death policy that extends beyond that. There is also no chance to examine the fish before purchase. However, if you can find a reputable source, that risk is minimized.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

If you have an aquarium club near you check and see if you can get some through someone there. Many times fish through club members will be healthier and cheaper as well as being able to see them before buying.
    Carol

7. OP
    OP
    shrimp

I called my LFS and the owner ordered a male and two females for me. This place is amazing. Saod i should have them by either Thursday or Friday.

8. Eienna

That's terrific! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice