my female guppy is biting away the male's tail Help

1. jina morgan Initiate Member

And leaving him in shreads. what should i do?
    Now I have seperated them in different containers...

2. jina morgan Initiate Member

;:barf:(:;soldier

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

jina please give members a chance to help...no need to keep posting help
    how many fish are in your tank and how many gallons is it? guppies should be stocked 1male to 3-4females ...usually the attacking is the other way around....id keep one in a breeders net until they heal up which can be done with prestine water changes and some stress coat ....

4. jina morgan Initiate Member

ok haha i was very desperate. Now they are back together but no more biting. lols. I have 1 male and 1 female.i dont have breeders net. what should i do?

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Hi Jina,
    Fish can get aggressive when they live in unsuitable conditions. If you look back at your other thread, you were given MANY suggestions by Lucy on what you could do to help your guppies.

Your tank is 7.5 in x 4.3 in x 3.9 in. That comes to about 1/2 gallon, or around 2 liters. You don't have a heater or filter, and nothing to put oxygen in the water. I know you really want to keep fish, but without a better home for them, they won't do well.

I know you wanted to buy more fish when your male guppy died. Can you please tell us how many guppies you have in the container now?

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member