My female emperor tetra has a squared off look to her belly similar to a pregnant guppy. Is she gravid or just bloated?

I can't find much about gravid Emperor Tetras online but have read that emperors are one of the tetras that seem to breed easily in home aquariums.

IMG_7122.jpg

I've been feeding frozen dapnia, fluval bug bites and they steal some algae wafers from the bottom feeders but she seems to be the fattest of the six and yesterday her abdomen looked pointy and today squared? Normal? Not normal?

Solution
J
your welcome she will lay around 50 eggs she will scatter them they will be clear when they breed u have to take the adults out other wise they will eat the eggs and fry they hatch with in 24 hours then u have to darken the tank the eggs are sensitive to light first foods is micro worms then baby brine shrimp
your welcome and lucky if u would like more info on how to breed them and care of the fry i am happy to help u 100 %
I will take you up on that actually, I've looked it up a bit but I can't seem to find much.

How many eggs can I expect her to lay? I have 3 males and 3 females which I know isn't ideal but the world hasn't imploded yet.

I do have quite a few plants but I doubt they are dense enough to fully hide eggs on the sand substrate (29 gallon community tank) if I see any can I just scoop them into a breeder box?

How long does it take for them to hatch?

JB92668

your welcome she will lay around 50 eggs she will scatter them they will be clear when they breed u have to take the adults out other wise they will eat the eggs and fry they hatch with in 24 hours then u have to darken the tank the eggs are sensitive to light first foods is micro worms then baby brine shrimp

Solution

Latest threads

Top Bottom