My female clown pleco

• Thread starter Allie
  • Start date

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Boy Miss Stripey is getting more social after two years. Last night she was very interested in me and the camera. She was swimming around for hours. Usually she is hiding. Something must be in the air. all of our plecos are very active, maybe it's b/c it's dark so early.

heartsongsinger

Well Known
maybe I know my pleco in the 47 gallon is definitely more active. The other one has always been active though.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Is there a weather change moving in by any chance Allie? Beautiful plecs by the way
Carol

Jess

Well Known
So that's a clown pleco? I have to take a more careful look at mine at home. Not sure if mine has stripes, but she's small about 2.5 inches.
Really nice pictures, love it when people post pictures.

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Butterfly said:
Is there a weather change moving in by any chance Allie? Beautiful plecs by the way
Carol
Thanks. It was windy and rainy the past 3 days...could that be it?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Allie said:
Thanks. It was windy and rainy the past 3 days...could that be it?
Could be In the wild storms wash food into the water and trigger spawning behavour. Even though most of our aquarium pets are tank raised I think some of these traits stay with them
Carol

cpk

I love the pics,Clown pleco's are awesome

heartsongsinger

Well Known
I think one of my plecos is a clown pleco but I can never get a good pic of him (or at least not one that doesn't make him darker than he is) and he is 5 ins. That's to big for a clown right?

Your weather sounds the same as mine, but the rain is one and off.

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Cute pics
I love plecos, they're so silly

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Plecos were one of the first fish I fell in love with when we got into the hobby.
5" Is too big for the average clown pleco.
Here's their profile: it show what the females and males look like.

heartsongsinger

Well Known
I was at the good fish store yesterday to get ghost shrimp, finally. and I was talking to the guy and now I can't remeber what type of catfish he thought my pleco was. It began with a "G" I think.

Top Bottom