My favorite tiny filter - the Mignon 60

oaktree

I wanted to make a thread about one of my current favorite filters, it's a tiny little filter rated to about 3 1/2 gallons, or 5 if you want to push it.

It's the Mignon 60, on Amazon it's only 10 bucks which is very cheap for a filter. Admittedly it is quite tiny but for its price and size, it's a respectable filter.

I got it as a backup filter for my betta's 5 gallon, as the built-in filter just wasn't working out and letting the water get cloudly. The Mignon helped significantly.

As for features, it comes with an intake sponge and flow adjustment knob. The intake sponge is nice but I removed it since my betta didn't seem to need it on. The knob is extremely sensitive and may be hard to fine-tune if you have bigger hands, and it has quite a powerful flow for the size of the filter. I had to strap on some filter media to where the water flows out, and this seemed to fix it.

I really recommend it for nano builds if you're willing to modify the outflow, which can be quite strong. I personally used a tiny square of this filter media with a ziptie and it did the trick. Hey, maybe it helps the bacteria?

In conclusion, it's a great little thing. I'm for sure going to get another in the future, I think it's perfect for betta tanks if you can fix the outflow.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Motherlovebetta
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
vividarling
Replies