My Fam Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by madeline J oquendo, Jun 12, 2018.

1. madeline J oquendo

madeline J oquendo Valued Member Member

My dear fish family.

I changed my girl bloom back to my 3.5 gallon tank I had her in a divided in 3 10 gallon tank. She was not happy at all so i put her back in the 3.5 I had to do a water change I cleaned the cartige just rised out but now my water is cloudy and there is like foamly like dirt on the bottom. I will like to change that filter system anyways I want to do the bio rings how can I set it up?? Ive hear the rings and foam or can I add active charcoal??
    I need help my girl needs to be happy and I'm goin away this week so I gotta make sure everything is ok

2. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

Do you have a test kit? Can you check your parameters?

Did you rinse your filter in tap water?

3. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

Agree with GettinTanked.

I think you are starting the cycle over so you need the API master test kit to ensure the safety of girl bloom.

4. DuaneV

DuaneV Well Known Member Member

I you have a HOB that takes the pre-made cartridges, just dump a bunch of rings in there WITH the cartridge, and after a few weeks pull the cartridge. If you have a single betta in a 3.5 and youre not overfeeding it, you shouldnt really show anything on your readings. Their bioload is SO SMALL.

5. S

Small Tanks Valued Member Member

White foggy water is usual for a new tank as a bacterial bloom.

If this is the case DO NOT do water changes unless you have ammonia too high to treat with Prime (over 1 PPM). Grab some media from your established tank (even if it is just some gravel or a fake plant) and put it in there.

Prime daily if there's ammonia in the water and leave it alone. The foggy water will clear as the bacteria settles.

Once the water is clear again you can resume 1 per week water changes. Don't be surprised if you get a brown algae bloom next. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice