My Exodon tank

1. ExodonFan Initiate Member

I recently lost my Oscar. After taking some time to debate my options for the tank I decided to set up a species tank

the tank is a 90 gallon standard. It is fairly heavily planted and has various rocks and drift wood. Lighting is currently 2 led strips and a 3rd will be here on Wednesday. Ph is 7.2 after a water change and around 6.6/8 just before one. I do weekly 50% water changes. Ammonia and nitrites are 0 and nitrates are kept low with the weekly WC.

Now to the good part. I have 35 Exodon along with a bn pleco and 4 smaller Pakistan loaches. Loaches compete easily for food with the Exodon. Don't see the pleco every day but he shows up several times a week.

Now to to the tanks main swimmers. I a min love with these little buggers. Talk about a aggressive feeding response. Drop some raw shrimp in the tank and just watch the chaos that occurs. I was able to get the fish from 3 different stores, so I'm hoping that will make sure that should they breed they have some different bloodlines
    image.jpeg

2. BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

I just saw video of these fish.....WOWW!!!! They are like mini Piranhas.

3. ExodonFan Initiate Member

Thanks a lot. I'm having a blast setting this tank up.

Forgot to mention, filtration is 2 ac110's and a hydor 350 canister. Think I should be all set there.

4. BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

Sounds like you are set. Plenty of filtration. Would love to see this tank once set up.

5. ExodonFan Initiate Member

Update...

tank nk has now settled down and is running great. Water is not the polished clear yet but very close.

I ordered my 4th light today. Lighting should be good enough for most low/med light plants

little buggers one recognize me as the food source and come right up to the front of the tank looking for food.

6. ExodonFan Initiate Member

ok...

Heres the latest update.

The tank is now running fantastic. Water is polished clear. The 4th light is one the tank. Plants are growing well. Wisteria(i think) is getting so bushy I think I need to trim it already. The only supplements I use are a plant fertilizer and stress coat after a water change.

I have 35 exodon now and 4 pakistani loaches and 5 baby albino BN plecs. No more fish will be added except possible a couple of more loaches.

love this tank