My Euphyllia Corals

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Tried Zoanthids, leather mushroom and Euphyllia (Hammer and Frogspawn) and the Hammer and Frogspawn are the only ones that have done well. My favorite corals by far. Incidentally it should be noted that my wrasse is the king of the photobomb.

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Looking good! Euphylia are on my list of must-haves once I get to a bit larger of a tank.

Don't sweat the zoas and leather not doing well, btw. Sometimes it's just your tank, but more often than not, zoas are just incredibly picky. Some don't do well for some people, while they thrive for others.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yup, I have decided that if I add more corals I will be sticking with Euphyllia. All I do is keep the water and filters/media changed regularly and feed reef frenzy in small quantities twice a day. They almost seem to thrive with higher nitrates. Strange since many sites claim they are more difficult to keep. Although I will be holding off on any new corals for a while. I currently have a Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel in quarantine. Wish me luck.

SecretiveFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I haven't had much luck with too many zooanthids either... I have some Whammin' Watermelon but that is it. Have you tried Playthoas? We have some Devil's Armor playthoas that are gorgeous as well as some Red People Eater plays.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alrighty Jester... I realized I'd never seen a thread from you. At least, I don't think I have, so I went looking and found this. I appreciate the videos but will have to admit to skipping some and I'm curious about your tank. It's a great setup and I've wondered why you stick with euphyllia only.

Softies have been a pita for me too. I've lost more zoas than not and mushrooms stall for a good while before showing even a hint of growth. LPS on the other hand, well, they've been great and I wondered if you've considered trying some others after your euphyllia success? You may have heard, lol, I love favias, favites, pretty much the whole family faviidae. There's so much beautiful variety and they've been easy peasy since day one. Hint, hint.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom