My Enabler, Er, Husband Is Awesome

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We are sitting on the couch chatting, and he says, "Where's that tape measure?"
So I grab the tape measure, and he starts measuring to see if we can fit another 75 on the wall behind the couch and still have room to walk through in front and behind the couch.
I said, "But a 20 long would fit on the bookcase there and we wouldn't have to move anything..."
He responds, "Yeah, but there's really no sense in having anything smaller than a 75 for you anymore. (Daughter) and I can build a stand with shelves and you can store all the stuff that's in the bookcase on it since we have the cabinet for fish stuff."
He's pretty awesome. I think I'll keep him.
No concrete plans in the works ATM, but I am allowing myself to dream now. Waiting for the Black Friday sale at Petsmart ;)

pagoda

Well Known
Reaction score
Can I borrow your hubby to help clear out my back room please? :)

Its currently full of stuff and I don't quite know where to start in shifting it and making room for a bigger aquarium :D

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Magicpenny75 said:
We are sitting on the couch chatting, and he says, "Where's that tape measure?"
So I grab the tape measure, and he starts measuring to see if we can fit another 75 on the wall behind the couch and still have room to walk through in front and behind the couch.
I said, "But a 20 long would fit on the bookcase there and we wouldn't have to move anything..."
He responds, "Yeah, but there's really no sense in having anything smaller than a 75 for you anymore. (Daughter) and I can build a stand with shelves and you can store all the stuff that's in the bookcase on it since we have the cabinet for fish stuff."
He's pretty awesome. I think I'll keep him.
No concrete plans in the works ATM, but I am allowing myself to dream now. Waiting for the Black Friday sale at Petsmart ;)
You should say to him, “as long as we’re putting a 75 there, what’s 15 more gallons? After those 15 gallons, might as well add 10 gallons to make it an even hundred....” and keep going till you hit 1000 gallons

pagoda

Well Known
Reaction score
AJE said:
You should say to him, “as long as we’re putting a 75 there, what’s 15 more gallons? After those 15 gallons, might as well add 10 gallons to make it an even hundred....” and keep going till you hit 1000 gallons
Oh now if you are going to go that far....just ask hubby to build an indoor pool to be used as an aquarium :)

OP
Magicpenny75

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AJE said:
I had a chance to buy a 125 a few weeks ago for $150.....we just simply do not have the room for anything larger than 75. I had a 90 before and I hated dragging out a stepladder every time I needed to do something. We both love the 150 they sell at Petsmart that is 4'x24"x30" but no room for a 24" deep tank. So, 75 it is!

FishRFriendz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Magicpenny75 said:
I had a chance to buy a 125 a few weeks ago for $150.....we just simply do not have the room for anything larger than 75. I had a 90 before and I hated dragging out a stepladder every time I needed to do something. We both love the 150 they sell at Petsmart that is 4'x24"x30" but no room for a 24" deep tank. So, 75 it is!
Shallower tanks are perfect. Easy to light, easy to reach the bottom to aquascape and clean. If someone else had to do the work and pay for the lights I'd get a tank that went from the floor to the ceiling lol.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yay! A 75 gallon is the perfect size. I wonder if I'll have to downsize my tanks one day? For now i'm ok with a step stool to change water and finally got the lighting figured out, but 75 gallon @20 inches height is much easier and still pretty tall for the fish and lots of room depthwise and lengthwise! Lots of stocking options! Have you thought about it yet?

New Threads