My Elite Mini C02 diffuser (video)

Ewing

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here is a simple video showing my newly installed Hagen Elite MinI CO2 diffuser ($10). I made it to show how easy it is to set up for those thinking about doing this.

Nate McFin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They really are a great diffusor, I am using one in my 20 gallon. I set mine up a little different. I went through the bottom of the filter and installed an airstone which breaks the bubbles up a little finer before they go through the impeller. I also tried the sponge at first but I didn't care for the way the bubbles went straight up. I removed the sponge and the little bubbles seemed to distribute around the tank more evenly for me.
Nice looking tank by the way!

Ewing

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nate McFin said:
They really are a great diffusor, I am using one in my 20 gallon. I set mine up a little different. I went through the bottom of the filter and installed an airstone which breaks the bubbles up a little finer before they go through the impeller. I also tried the sponge at first but I didn't care for the way the bubbles went straight up. I removed the sponge and the little bubbles seemed to distribute around the tank more evenly for me.
Nice looking tank by the way!
Thank you, it's quite a ways from where I want it but I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. Also I may give that a try when I mix my next batch in a couple weeks. I'm using the sponge so the majority of the bubble go into my filter inlet. I'm getting a pretty good amount of bubbles even on the far side which is surprising.

Emberdee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Very cool! It really doesn't look hard to set up, I may just try one! Thanks for the vid!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
HI Ewing welcome to FishLore
Hope you don't mind, I merged your threads and deleted the duplicate video. There's only need for one thread for a topic.

Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads