MY ELECTRIC YELLOW LAB & GOURAMIS

1. nap83 Initiate Member

HERE IS PRINCE & ROCKET & LEMON

2. nap83 Initiate Member

THE OVERALL VIEW OF THE TANK

INHABITANTS
    1 YELLOW LAB
    1 PARADISE GOURAMI
    2 DWARF GOURAMIS (FIRE RED & COBALT BLUE MORPHS)
    1 GOLD GOURAMI
    2 ALBINO CORYS
    1 TURBO SNAIL

USED TO HAVE AN ANGELFISH BUT IT DIED & YELLOW LAB ATE THE TETRASĀ  :-\

3. nap83 Initiate Member

OOPS, SORRY THIS IS THE FULL TANK PIC. I'LL POST MY SALTWATER EXPERIMENT SOON. I'M CYCLING IT WITH 2 DAMSELFISHES,A STRIPED ONE & A YELLOW TAIL ONE!

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! ;D

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Pretty tank!!
    Carol

6. nap83 Initiate Member

Thanks! I think I went the "unique" way by making my "substrate" as rocks, i got them at Home Depot & looks pretty neat as I can rearrange a lot of the caves when new members arrive, I also put in a collection of shells & odd pebbles from the Great Falls River in Potomac, MD. With these it is much easier to siphon the tank of debris, tank divider cause Rocket (Flame Red Dwarf Gourami) was too territorial & aggressive to Neon (Cobalt Blue Dwarf Gourami). It's true that everyone says they're peaceful but not so much the case with Rocket, he also terrorizes the Paradise Gourami which definitely fights back, it almost caused serious injuries to Rocket! I just can't give him up cause he's the best looking Dwarf Gourami I've seen.

Thanks for checking guys...

Here's the equipment list & it's fairly cheap. (Soon a HUGE saltwater tank!)

Glass 10 Gallon Aquarium - $10
    Top Fin HOB Filter - $13
    Top Fin Heater - $12
    Thermometer - $3
    Penn Plax Divider - $7
    Stones - $10
    Background - $5
    Silk Plants (I had real ones before but the Gouramis kept on destroying it) - $7
    Biozyme (for cycling) - $3
    Water Conditioners - $10
    Net - $3
    Food (Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Flakes) - $15

Cheap huh for a begginer's tank?!

Thanks for looking!

7. Jason Well Known Member Member

Great looking Electric Yellow looks wicked. I had one for like 2 days then it died must have not liked the move from the shop or could been sick aww well. Nice Tank! :)

8. fletch Member Member

ok, this may sound stupid but is a turbo snail a realy fast snail? :) sorry if im just being a

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

There are no dumb questions!!! ;) Personally I don't know why their called that.
    Carol

10. nap83 Initiate Member

well i would say their fast.. they're not as fast as the regular ones. get the gold ones, the black ones are quite slower for some odd reason.

11. fletch Member Member

haha, I was only curious. I dont want any!! theyd eat all my plants and that just wont do!!!

12. nap83 Initiate Member

I have changed the inhabitants of the tanks, i housed it with LAKE MALAWI MBUNAS. The Gouramis are now housed in a different tank. It now has a BLACK background to intensify the fish' color, and more rocks for caves, the hardness of the water was also increased with buffers. The water is also changed twice per week at 25%.

1 Electric Yellow Cichlid
    1 Red Zebra
    1 Albino Zebra
    1 Femaie Kenyi
    2 Albino Catfishes as the cleaner crew

Attached Files:

13. nap83 Initiate Member

here's some more. enjoy. tell me what ya think!

Attached Files:

14. nap83 Initiate Member

hehe. this is the youngest out of everyone!

Attached Files:

15. Jason Well Known Member Member

Tank looks entirely different, looks a lot darker for some reason. Still cool though!!!

16. nap83 Initiate Member

yeah i changed the background to black & put blue lighting for deeper light.