My Electric Blue Ram is sick.

mango66

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi,
Not sure what's up with the female ( i think ) - was fine yesterday, feeding normally - got up this morning & noticed it near the surface of the water .. my test results are ok, no nitrite, ammonia etc - temp 28 degrees .. ive kept the light off for most of the day, hoping it won't stress her out too much, done partial water change (15% ) adding nutrafin cycle - noticed that she is in the plants at the moment, seems pale lost all her blue in colour, but she's not at the surface anymore ... The male seems to be thriving in the water, a goergous blue as we speak, so I'm thinking the water conditions are ok. Any ideas guy's - Iknow it cost me £20, but its not the money - but its such a lovely fish it would be such a shame to lose her.

mango. >

Sadly, i lost the fish - not sure why - maybe had a problem b4 i bought it.

Merged back to back posts.
Ken

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so sorry.

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. I often have difficulty keeping german blues because my water parameters are not perfect for them. As your guy is doing well, I'd make sure he continues to thrive before going out to find him another lady friend. I see you started your tank only a few months ago. I know that GBRs need a well established tank to thrive. So, I'm wondering if it was too soon for these delicate fish? Just a thought.

Something else to watch for is to make sure your other fish are not stressed or hanging around the surface. If so, you may have too much CO2 or need to supplement O2.

Or, she may have been struggling at your LFS and were unaware of this.

Good luck.

mango66

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
thanx 4 the replies,
ive decided to leave the tank a while as you suggested, just let everything settle for a couple of months or so - the GBR seem to be lovin their home & are very couragous fish, don't seem worried when I'm removing dead plant leaves etc, they often come to investigate - the EBR does seem to av gone in hiding a bit lately, not so noticeable as in the beginning, but he does still av a beautiful colour - all my other fish seem fine, all very active - i'l keep an eye on them.

sorry to sound thick, but was does LFS mean ?

mango.

mango66

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi aquarist48,
Thanx for the link, i did notice a few abbreviations on other topics too & i was left scratching my head a few times.

mango

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads