Important My Electric Blue Acara Has A Gash On Its Face!

jmaldo

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
3 years
Beautiful!
I have had my share of fish injuring themselves. (EBA,Angel,Bolivian Ram). Usually heals up in a week or two.
Make sure the water quality is good, so continue feeding, water changes and monitor. For reference, though. More info would also be helpful, tank size, temp, inhabitants, etc...

Good Luck!

OP
R

Rugidid

Reactions
Yah the filters are two penguin 200 each with 2 cups of activated carbon, and the bio rocks, and some filter polyester thing.

OP
R

Rugidid

Reactions
jmaldo said:
Beautiful!
I have had my share of fish injuring themselves. (EBA,Angel,Bolivian Ram). Usually heals up in a week or two.
Make sure the water quality is good, so continue feeding, water changes and monitor. For reference, though. More info would also be helpful, tank size, temp, inhabitants, etc...

Good Luck!
And also theirs a green terror, another EBA, a parrot, a fire mouth, and cleanup is a bristlenose pleco and a synodingis catfish. It’s a 60 gallon tank at 77 degrees and 20-30 percent water changes bI weekly

Jrad

Reactions
How large is the Green terror compared to the Blue Acaras? Eventually The Green terror will Likely become very aggressive towards its tank mates in a 60 gallon. Especially towards the Acaras since they are so closely related. I have a 7-8" Green terror in a 55 gallon by himself. I have a larger tank with blue Acaras (Electric & "Regular") with other more peaceful South American Cichlids (1- red severum & 1 -Uaru). I always think how great the Green Terror would look in the larger tank with the other South Americans, but he would probably reach havoc in there. Especially if it were to breed with one of the Acaras. They become significantly more aggressive when breeding. The wound on the acara should heal fine though. I would start looking into getting another tank before everyone is full grown. I'm up to 4 tanks now. Trying to limit aggression can lead to MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome)

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
2 years
Rugidid said:
Will she be ok? Will it heal? I’m kinda freaking out.
Image1564489906.550845.jpg
Be very careful with the Terror, I accidentally got one with my Blue Acara both where 4 or so inches, he was so aggressive, then the bugger started eating my plants, the Acara copied him and that's the only time my Acara have touched my plants.

Fish wounds usually heal quite quick but I agree with above, it could be HITH.

OP
R

Rugidid

Reactions
Fashooga said:
Yeah that’s a pretty deep gash to be an injury. I wonder if it healed up.
It’s healed all up

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom