My Eheim Is Not Working After Mantainance

Wobbegong
I just cleaned out my Eheim professional 4+ canister filter and it is not working. At first it was making a weird thumping noise, I took off the top and looked at it but nothing seemed to be wrong, I scraped some of the sludge off with a toothbrush. I put it back in and now it is making another noise. I recored the filter making the second noise but I could not upload it to fishlike so here is a youtube link(You might need to turn the sound up:

Theaquariumlegend7896364
It happened to me once. It made a rattling noise. When you turn it off the spinner goes loose. I opened it and fixed it.

Wobbegong
How did you fix it?

Theaquariumlegend7896364
I opened the fiter and pushed the spinner back and made it tight, but I never did it with that filter. Just open it and check for something loose

Wobbegong
I opened it back up and made sure it was not loose, cap for the spinner was loose so I made sure it was pushed back in. I turned the filter back on but is is still not working,

Theaquariumlegend7896364
Is the filter cartige new

Wobbegong
no, I have had it for a while.

DoubleDutch
Did you prime it again? Is it full of water ?
Opened the cranes properly ?

Wobbegong
I think it is primed, I made sure it had water in it and the both the spraybar and inlet are underwater.

DoubleDutch
The water in the inlet and outlethoses should be filled as high as the surface of the tank (they fill themselves). If not, prime it again.
I think it is primed, I made sure it had water in it and the both the spraybar and inlet are underwater.

Wobbegong
Well I got it to work, I took out the thing that holds the tubes and emptied it into a bucked for a little bit, then I put it in the filter and let it run for a few minutes, at first a bunch of dust and bubbles came out of the sprayer but then it started pumping water.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dechi
Replies
Views
THRESHER
Replies
Views
MtnTiger
Replies
Views