My dream tank :o)

Martinismommy
Kids, do NOT try this at home! lol

199.jpg

Lucy
Ah ha, in a perfect world, huh?

MissMTS
The things that photoshop can do If it was possible to have a tank with all male bettas, I think they would be the only kind of fish I kept. Imagine that 10 tanks of bettas!!!

hockeyref88
OMG Karen................One can dream can't we?? That would be the greatest thing.

Sprinangl2
drooldrooldrool look at all the pretty bettas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puzzlecat
Oh I completely know that feeling, and I agree with you Martinismommy! Good job on blending all the little guys into their tank! A floating butterfly colony <3

shellbell4ever
That would be so awesome

Blub
All you'd have to do is give them all a firm talking to:
"If you attack another male, then you will be put in a Betta bowl!"

Bit of an empty threat, but I'm sure it would stop them!

Shawnie
I have 9 of the lil buggers now ...I would give ANYTHING to have a community tank of the boys...LOVE THAT PIC !

livetowin
That would be a one in a million tank if it was real lol

chickadee
GREAT dream.... tell me if you can make it come true with no problems and we will nominate you for sainthood.

Rose

Barbrella
I"ve often thought how wonderful it would be to have a whole tank filled with beautiful bettas in every colour imaginable.

Heavenly!

COBettaCouple
They're so well-behaved to share a tank like that!

pinky93
A tank full of male bettas is but only a dream.It would be beautiful tho.

swifty
That's amazing. If that were possible every other freshwater fish would never be purchased though. Maybe a saltwater setup could compete with a tank full of bettas, but a tank full of bettas would be 10 times easier to maintain and look 10 times better.

I've never understood why over the years people haven't been able to breed them to get along with each other. Don't normal bettas have really short fins and are brown colored? How did they breed them over the years to have the variety of color/fin types they do now?

Blub
That's amazing. If that were possible every other freshwater fish would never be purchased though. Maybe a saltwater setup could compete with a tank full of bettas, but a tank full of bettas would be 10 times easier to maintain and look 10 times better.

I've never understood why over the years people haven't been able to breed them to get along with each other. Don't normal bettas have really short fins and are brown colored? How did they breed them over the years to have the variety of color/fin types they do now?

The newer breeds like Rosetails are actually more peaceful than their fighting ancestors... It can be hard to get them to flare at all! So, maybe in the next 10 years or so we might have peaceful Betta splendens?

livetowin
There are always going to be possiblilitys

voiceless_kat
That is pretty neat, Karen! I suppose we can all dream that same dream............wow if they could be together, and we all still had MTS...sheesh, imagine it!!

You do such great things with that camera & whatever program you use. So creative!! Always something to smile about!

Val

Martinismommy
Thank you Val.....That is my screen saver lol....At least I can dream right!

Ziggi
Size, Fresh or Saltwater, critter and plant stocking, decor, the whole 9-yards!
Whats ya'lls dream tank?

I'd love to have a 72 gal bowfront amazon biotope complete with Bolivian rams! planted somehow ... in my perfect world atleast 2 pairs of rams! (LOVE THEM!!!)
and a second tank 55+gal, heavily planted asian/indian community with either moonlight, pearl or samuraI gourami and (insert possible community fish here).

Yeah, I'm still work'n on it

Ziggi
Holy Mackerel! That'sa big tank!

Aquarist
Good morning,

I think you will be very pleased with a 72g Bow Front tank. I had one for many years and Lorabell (Fish Lore member) has it now.

Too, I had a 155g Bow Front...loved it. Lorabell has this one also.

The only reason I sold them was to upgrade to my 265g (not a Bow Front) tank.

Ken

Ziggi
Good morning,

I think you will be very pleased with a 72g Bow Front tank. I had one for many years and Lorabell (Fish Lore member) has it now.

Too, I had a 155g Bow Front...loved it. Lorabell has this one also.

The only reason I sold them was to upgrade to my 265g (not a Bow Front) tank.

Ken

WOW!

I missed out on a 72 gal bowfront for $40 on craigslist, saddest day of my fishy-life until the petco $1/gallon deal cheered me up. It'll be a good decade before I can get anything much bigger than what I have now, I'm sure. dreams!

Junne
I saw this 92 gallon corner bowfront at the store recently...... someday............ not even sure what i'd put in it
And to think, 6 months ago I didn't even want fish ( these ones I have now were for my sons birthday )

AquariaUK
5000 gal tank with tetras, danios, fantails, loaches, platys, guppies, mollies, endlers, cory cats, snails, plecos, odessa barbs, cichilids, gouramis, shrimp of all kinds, rainbowfish... have I missed anything?

I'd try to turn it into a natural setting by leaving it for a week - egss would get dropped. Some would survive, the parents would die in a few years and the cycle goes on...

I need to stop dreaming

Junne
5000 gal tank with tetras, danios, fantails, loaches, platys, guppies, mollies, endlers, cory cats, snails, plecos, odessa barbs, cichilids, gouramis, shrimp of all kinds, rainbowfish... have I missed anything?

I'd try to turn it into a natural setting by leaving it for a week - egss would get dropped. Some would survive, the parents would die in a few years and the cycle goes on...

I need to stop dreaming

Wow that WOULD be a dream tank but I left my choice at 92 gallons since its more attainable

AquariaUK
Wow that WOULD be a dream tank but I left my choice at 92 gallons since its more attainable

Even a 92 would be a dream in England, I haven't seen a tank higher than 80 here, online or offline. 10 gallons are pretty much the only one

Magoo
Any tank big enough to fit blood parrots a plecostamus and some corydoras allot of corydoras I'm not greedy just really would love to have some blood parrots I'm hoping Santa is listening (well reading at least)

kb9plc
Ever see the show 'tanked'? I want the bed-headboard tank they made. So cool!
Maybe put bala sharks in it to guard my bed. LOL. I think that tank was big enough for them

bassbonediva
The guys who do the show Tanked aren't the best role models. More of the tanks I've seen them do are overstocked than not. I doubt that bed headboard tank would be big enough for balas. It doesn't have enough length and is too vertical for them.

My dream tank is a big (300-500) gallon LONG tank with discus, angels, rams, cories, cardinals, neons, rummynose tetras and von rio tetras. It would be HEAVILY planted with a sand bottom and driftwood and rocks and yeah. Very natural-looking biotope, basically.

klogue2
Since I'm still rather new to the hobby my plans for a dream tank won't be too extreme, I really like the large but not too large tanks. Something that's not bigger than me haha. I think I'd like a 55 gallon tank with a pair of angels, a gbr or two, a nice big school of cardinal tetras and/or harlequin rasboras, kuhlI loaches and panda corys.

I really am not sure those would all be compatible or even fit in a 55 but hey, that's why it's a dream, right? Tbh this setup isn't a whole lot different than what I have planned for my 29, just a few added things. I really do think I'll love how it will be set up so maybe this is my mini-dream tank.

Ziggi
Since I'm still rather new to the hobby my plans for a dream tank won't be too extreme, I really like the large but not too large tanks. Something that's not bigger than me haha. I think I'd like a 55 gallon tank with a pair of angels, a gbr or two, a nice big school of cardinal tetras and/or harlequin rasboras, kuhlI loaches and panda corys.

I really am not sure those would all be compatible or even fit in a 55 but hey, that's why it's a dream, right? Tbh this setup isn't a whole lot different than what I have planned for my 29, just a few added things. I really do think I'll love how it will be set up so maybe this is my mini-dream tank.

I'm currently working on my amended/mini- dream tank too. I'm experimenting on my 40 gal for my lessons on plants (lighting, ferts, etc...). Next lesson, upon completion: moving out vs sneaking a bigger tank into the basement!

Ever see the show 'tanked'? I want the bed-headboard tank they made. So cool!
Maybe put bala sharks in it to guard my bed. LOL. I think that tank was big enough for them

While I love how it looked, I don't think I'd sleep too soundly knowing there was a hundred or so lbs of water and glass (er ... acrylic rather) hanging out above my head. I thought the same thing for the ep with the little boy and his bed tank. I stopped watching that show cause it made me want a saltwater reef tank... which I don't think I could do. soooo prettyyyyyy!!!!!

dezignstuff
I'd like a tank that basically wraps around a room like a mountain stream with pools and waterfalls. Starts at the top of the door and descends as it goes along each wall so that it reaches the floor on the other side of the door. Then the water us pumped back up over the door and it all starts again.

Of course it is stocked with brook trout and crayfish.

featherblue
I want 2 wall tanks in the dream house living room.....a good size saltwater, maybe 200 gallon with live corals, bright colored inverts (prob shrimp), and 3 bright schoolers in large groups. Anemones, maybe some urchines, a Pacific reef biotope....maybe put my office on the other side of the tank wall.
Tank 2 would be on the opposite wall with a simm size, maybe on the kitchen wall. Discus madness. At least 12, maybe 15 discus of all different colors and patterns. Bright schoolers to fill in and compliment, maybe some goo skirt tetras, cardinals, some hatchetfish (slow temp adjust to convince them to survive) couple corys to keep the sand clean, and a bright colored shrimp colony like blue jellies.

croaker
Something 10 foot long 2 foot wide 2 foot high.
I f I was really wealthy then at least a 1000 gallon tank.

Aquarist
Thread should be opened now.

Ken

CatfishJack
My dream tanks would be massive. I mean... 12'l x 8'h x 4'w or something. Almost 2900 gallons? I'd want one for natives, bluegill and similar, One for a huge mbuna set up and one for like 500 1" schooling fish like glowlights and neons and such!

I mean... we're dreaming right!?

In reality I don't see myself going much more than a 120G at the most. Even more realistically I could probably have a TON of fun with a 75.

JessiNoel21
I have it my Red Sea Max S 650 and soon to be hubby is building a 600 gallon in our basement. So if you calculate all the tanks in my house when everything is said in done total gallons of tanks in my house is 2,996. So I will say we are all set lol.

FoulFishes
Size, Fresh or Saltwater, critter and plant stocking, decor, the whole 9-yards!
Whats ya'lls dream tank?

I'd love to have a 72 gal bowfront amazon biotope complete with Bolivian rams! planted somehow ... in my perfect world atleast 2 pairs of rams! (LOVE THEM!!!)
and a second tank 55+gal, heavily planted asian/indian community with either moonlight, pearl or samuraI gourami and (insert possible community fish here).

Yeah, I'm still work'n on it

Its interesting you posted this topic, when I got on today I was thinking about posting a threadof the exact same topic "what is you dream tank stocked with?" beat me to it! haha

I would have a huge planted freshwater tank...not sure how many gallons, but it would be big. here is the stock list:

Bolivian Rams (3 to 4 pairs)
ALTUM Angelfish (6-8)
Pictus Catfish (6)
YO YO Loaches (7)
Fire Eel
large schools of Harlequin Rasboras, Rummynose Tetras, and Emperor Tetras
Hatchetfish (10)
Farlowella Catfish (1-3)
a few Honey Gouramis
KuhlI Loaches (25)
Corydoras (25)
And if I still had room possibly a school of Discus and a couple Apistos. I know this is kinda an unrealistic list but these are all fish I have kept and liked, would love to keep, or actually plan on getting one day.

I also would really love to have a 800-1200 gallon saltwater indoor pond with live rock and a sand bottom for a shark pond. I would get a few Bamboo/Catsharks, as well as some fish that are compatible with them. An aquarium close by has an exhibit where you can pet Catsharks, Bamboo Sharks, Pyjama Sharks, and young Requiem Sharks. Needless to say after petting multiple 2-4 foot sharks I have become fascinated/obsessed.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cue
  • FishPlanet
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
BPSabelhaus
  • Question
Replies
Views