My dog Choxie sick again :(

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My dog is suddenly sick again :( she started vomiting Monday night and most of Tuesday. She had ate some cat food so we thought maybe just sour stomach. She will eat anything anywhere any time when she is feeling well.

They did an x-ray. The dr says her liver looks enlarged :( we are waiting for labs to come back before planning treatment. In the past they thought she was borderline Cushings because of bloodwork two years ago but she’s been really good since and her labs also so this is very unexpected.

She seems slightly better today but I’m really worried. Drinking now but not eating and kinda lethargic. I know last time she had antI nausea meds injected it took a day later before she wanted food. Trying not to panic!

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sending good vibes to you and Choxie. I work at a vet hospital, so I understand what it's like to not know and wait. I know she doesn't seem to be acting herself right now, but she will pull through this and that bloodwork should be back in no time for the vet to prescribe treatment. Hang in there!

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
SM1199 said:
Sending good vibes to you and Choxie. I work at a vet hospital, so I understand what it's like to not know and wait. I know she doesn't seem to be acting herself right now, but she will pull through this and that bloodwork should be back in no time for the vet to prescribe treatment. Hang in there!
thank you, I hope to hear back soon but I know they were very busy and I’m sure curbside care makes things take even longer!

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Choxie has pancreatitis. A few months ago had stomach issues too after eating some stuff she shouldn’t have. She somehow always finds stuff to get into no matter how hard I try! Anyhow now that I’m home from work I can keep a very close eye. Switched to mostly soft food which is lower in fat and doing multiple small meals a day which I read is better for dogs with pancreatitis. She seems to be on the mend for now!

New Threads