My dog ate my water changer hose!

Discussion in 'Water Changes' started by amber0107, Dec 15, 2012.

1. amber0107

amber0107 Well Known Member Member

Just tried to change the water on my 45 gallon tank and noticed my lovely dog chewed a gaping hole through my hose. Can I just replace the hose or do I have to buy a whole new water changer?

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I don't owe one but i'm guessing you can just buy a new part...I've heard of others buying the attachment so i assume you can buy the hose as well.

3. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

You can replace the hose I have had to do it twice due to one my pack chewing the hose. I just went to Home Depot with the damaged one and they cut me a new one.

4. OP
    OP
    amber0107

Great! Hopefully it won't cost as much as a new one. I'm not too thrilled with my canine friend right now.

5. Ethan

Ethan Well Known Member Member

im so redneck i would just duck tape the crud out of it. then too finish it all up i would soak it in super glue :D

6. t

totes Valued Member Member

Doesn't he know he's supposed to eat homework, not fish supplies?

7. OP
    OP
    amber0107

Trust me, I thought about taping it up at first, but then I realized that wouldn't be the safest thing to do. Needless to say, this hose will be stored in my fish cabinet, out of reach of the dog.

8. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Why not? I've used duct tape IN my tank before. Duct tape fixes everything.

9. Ethan

Ethan Well Known Member Member

it most certainly does :D

10. OP
    OP
    amber0107

I was concerned about exposing them to the adhesives on the tape. Its replaced now, so no worries.

11. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Duct tape, clothes hangers, and bubble gum....:;th

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice