My dog ate an entire thing of tetra color plus flakes will he be ok?

frogmastertimmy

Cant belive the golden retriver puppy got onto my desk! its at least 4 or so feet tall!

AquaticQueen

Your dog should be fine as long as it isn't allergic to any of the ingredients.

frogmastertimmy

AquaticQueen said:
Your dog should be fine as long as it isn't allergic to any of the ingredients.
Ok thank you i know it might of seemed like a silly question but i really dont know anything about dogs! Anyway now i need to order more food... time to buy a better brand

PhoenixBettas

He'll be fine. I recommend omega one (flakes) for bettas because new life spectrum is often rejected by the fish due to the pellets being unappetizing to them. But an experienced owner feeds at least 4 different foods so you could also add mosquito larvea and aquatic worms you culture yourself, or frozen foods. My bettas LOVE the yolk of hard boiled eggs as an occasional treat.

PNWBettas

frogmastertimmy said:
Cant belive the golden retriver puppy got onto my desk! its at least 4 or so feet tall!
If it makes you feel better, one time my lab puppy ate a glove. The vet bill for induced vomiting was over $300

Things happen when your a dog parent. It’s ok haha

Alliebaaba

The puppy should be okay

AquaticQueen

FreshwaterHG said:
If it makes you feel better, one time my lab puppy ate a glove. The vet bill for induced vomiting was over $300

Things happen when your a dog parent. It’s ok haha
Things like this happen all the time. Once my dog ate her own leash. It came out in her you-know-what.

KribensisLover1

Had it done once with my Boston terrier eating pellets and my fiancé’s beagle did this. I have cichlids and tetras but I wonder if they don’t eat the NLS pellets as much bc they don’t taste great. I thought it was pellets they didn’t like. I have NLS flake foods they like tho. I have omega one pellets and they don’t love those either (pellets I mean). I hope they don’t hate the flakes too (and I’ve been making them miserable).
9BD81CA7-23D1-4B62-893D-DA9A53E4ED35.jpeg

Momgoose56

frogmastertimmy said:
yeah someone got into my room and BIT THROUGH the container to eat my fish food :mad: Wish my family could keep their dog undercontrol he eats EVERYTHING!! Anyway im concerned for him will he be ok?

Amazon.com : TetraColor Plus Tropical Flakes 7.06 Ounces, With Natural Color Enhancers : Pet Food : Pet Supplies
He will feel GREAT! In the future, I recommend a good quality pellet food with a color enhancer for puppies. Also, Omega One Algae disks make a GREAT training treat! :happy:

StarGirl

My dog and cat used to beg as much as the fish at feeding time. :rolleyes: Howdy Momgoose56 its been awhile!

FitSoldier

Lol

Similar story of mine. My Beagle once ate half a kilogram of dark chocolate once. He ripped open the bag and ate half of it. Surprisingly, no issues with digestion and no illness with my dog. He was just so proud he managed to steal and eat half a bag of chocolates (the bag was 1kg dark chocolate).

I think the fish food should be fine. No worries. :)

Mike1995

My cat has gotten into my fish food out of curiosity before. he likes to lick everything. No I'll effects

barbiespoodle

My dogs basically eat anything that don't eat them first :rolleyes: and so far nothing more than a bit of an upset stomach from time to time. Of course all dogs are different as are all people, but I can't see where fish food would hurt them.

Now for my funny story. Being an older lady, I've had many different dogs through the years, always my beloved standard poodle and a animal shelter dog. One of those animal shelter dogs was this tiny little gold thing I carried home in one hand. 80 pounds later, I had a very strong willed, but totally gorgeous mama's girl, believe me, no one touched mama on her watch. One day she got into a bag of Easter colored Hershey kisses. While chocolate is suppose to be bad for dogs, the only thing it did to her was make it easier for me to pick up her mess, I just went out at night with a flashlight and picked up all the shinny stuff:D

yukondog

FreshwaterHG said:
my dog ate poison mushroom once and the vet said if it has not been so long that it may have started to digest for me to get a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and pore some down her mouth and it will make them vomit violently and it does.

Fishcat

I would always call the vet if you’re worried. I know that where I work, we frequently give out information on using hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting.
The problem with chocolate toxicity in dogs is that it’s quite variable. Some dogs don’t have apparent issues; some dogs get diarrhea; some have the more specific and dangerous problems related to the caffeine and theobromine in chocolate; some get pancreatitis later from all the fat. Chocolate gets digested relatively slowly and inducing vomiting can be useful for hours after ingestion.

Top Bottom