My DIY Brine Shrimp Hatchery.

1. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

We'll first off I bought one of those factory made stands that you cut a 2 liter bottle and attach a air pump..... wasnt impressed.. idk, I just didnt like it to begin with. I hatched a batch of san fran brine shrimp..... all was good. So I was getting ready to hatch another batch and I went to screw in my heat bulb to keep the water at 80 degrees and it broke inside my lamp.. so my lamp was and the bulb was .

So I work at a hardware store and we recently got rid of all our fish so all the stuff we had like all the plastic containers that hang over the side of the tanks we used to bag the fish ( if youve ever been to petsmart or any other fishstore for that matter you know wat im talking about.).

So I'm turning one of those plastic containers into a brine shrimp hatchery.

I drilled a whole the same diameter as the air tubing in the bottom. Stuck the airhose through. Siliconed the whole to prevent the salty water from escaping. And I plan on hanging the container in my tank so that my the water will stay nice and warm for the lil shrimps to hatch. =D

Sorry for all that hahah I tend to get a little off topic sometimes.

-Mikey-

2. Kerber23 Member Member

nice job :D

3. speed0factory Member Member

nice and may i know how much salt you put in to the tank for per gallon??? cos me too interested in breeding brine shrimp too. (please tell me by around how many table spoon or tea spoon for per gallon, Thank you so much) :)

4. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

We'll I buy the San Fransisco brand brine shrimp that come in individual packets. You just add the contents to 1 liter of water , add some airation via airpump, and keep the water at 8-82 degrees via heat lamp or in my case my tank is set at that temp anyway and in 24-36 hrs presto chango baby brine shrimp.

5. speed0factory Member Member

thanks, but i don't think my LFS sell the San Fransisco Brand:(

6. m-corbett1 Initiate Member

really???? tahts like the biggest brand out there.... they even make the hatcherys for you to put the eggs in haha... thats odd

7. David C Well Known Member Member

You can probably order the brand on the internet and have it delivered. I see you're in Malaysia and I don't know what brands would be available for you locally. Not really sure what shipping would cost though.

Dave