My DIY aquarium cooler

raptor22

I created this DIY aquarium cooler, which is proving to be very effective. Before cooling temperature was 31.6C / 88.8F with cooler it dropped to 25.5/77.9F. The total cost was 10x less than the readymade model available in the market.

Wouldratherwatchaquarium

That's really cool and inventive! Nice job.

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

An excellent example of DIY.
As I also live in a hot climate I know a little of what it’s like?

Be aware the water level will drop faster with the fans. No problem if you are at home to top it up.

Consider a timer to stop the noise at night.

Well done. Thanks for sharing raptor22

Upvote 0

raptor22

An excellent example of DIY.
As I also live in a hot climate I know a little of what it’s like?

Be aware the water level will drop faster with the fans. No problem if you are at home to top it up.

Consider a timer to stop the noise at night.

Well done. Thanks for sharing raptor22
I will make a How-to video for all the steps and equipment involved. Briefly, I used 2 L-brackets (6" inch) and 3x 4" inch 12V 0.3A fans in a parallel configuration with a 12V 2A barrel plug charger. For support, I used 4x 2" inch flat tip nut screws.
Yes, the water level is dropping, but I will change my routine too, instead of water change every 2 weeks I will be changing the water every week.
I am using Sonoff 4CHR2, which is used for controlling lights and heater/cooler. In future, I am planning to shift the heater/cooler to Sonoff Th16 with the waterproof sensor. For the temperature graph, I will be using the Home assistant.

Upvote 0

raptor22

Here is my video for all parts and assembly required for Cheap easy DIY aquarium fan

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
greenpepper
  • Question
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
Vishaquatics