Reaction score
my four big discus ill get more pics of my 72 bow up soon

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! They are beautiful!

discus guy

Reaction score
thanks i have 4 more but they hide when i go to take pictures so its hard to get them

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those are really nice Discus!!! Looking forward to more pics as we love pics around here
Carol

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
very nice thanks for sareing

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
they are realy nice fish.

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Your Discus are so beautiful - they're dream fish, really. Do you have 8 of them in a 72 gallon tank?

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi there discus guy nice fishies,very colourfull.. i didnt think discus came in so many different coulours..before seeing your pics i thought all discus were like a silvery coulour.. :-[ ..lol again nice fish mate.. ..

discus guy

Reaction score
Isabella said:
Your Discus are so beautiful - they're dream fish, really. Do you have 8 of them in a 72 gallon tank?
yes i have 8 in a 72 bow im trying to get a pair so i can mate them but its so ard to get a pair cause they all case eash other so i dont know if i ave a pair yet if i do ill keep u up to date..

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Wow, you must have LOTS of water changes to perform with 8 Discus in a 72 gallon tank. Are you thinking perhaps of getting a larger tank for them? No offense, but I think it's overcrowded - taking into account how large Discus get and how perfect a water they need. I would personally get at least a 125 gallon tank for this many Discus. Anyway, your fish are absolutely beautiful.

discus guy

Reaction score
Isabella said:
Wow, you must have LOTS of water changes to perform with 8 Discus in a 72 gallon tank. Are you thinking perhaps of getting a larger tank for them? No offense, but I think it's overcrowded - taking into account how large Discus get and how perfect a water they need. I would personally get at least a 125 gallon tank for this many Discus. Anyway, your fish are absolutely beautiful.
i have the 8 in te 72 right now to try to mate them and once i get a pair r two i have two 29 gallon tanks for them to mate in plus a 55for the fry thats why it is so overcrowded right now

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are Beautiful fish. You must be so proud of them. I have always thought they were so soothing to watch when I saw them at the fish store. I can imagine it is a gorgeous tank.

Rose

discus guy

Reaction score
it is a beautiful tank just a pain in The but in supplies and the filter alone was 200 dollars just fr the filter and tats not even media to keep the tank cycled..but yes they are beautiful fish but just expensive to buy and expensive to maintain and feed.. my gf says i pay more attention to my fish ten i do her.hahaha

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yup ... the supplies can get very expensive, I absolutely understand. I want to set up a new 75 gallon tank: nice wooden stand, good equipment (filters, heaters, compact fluorescent lighting, etc.) nutrient-rich substrate (tens of pounds), and lots of plants. I estimated that for everything I want to get, I'll need about 1,000-1,500! Lots of gravel and plants will cost me a lot. The stand itself won't be cheap either. And I want a good filter, which will add up to a "nice" sum too ... ahhh better not to think about it! But ... that's how much I love the hobby I now actually prefer to spend a large amount of money on a good looking, planted, fish tank, than on some high-tech electronic equipment, like a super-cool new computer ... or God knows what else (they have too many gadgets these days!). A piece of nature in my own house is much more valuable to me than the best high-tech gadgets of today.

discus guy

Reaction score
i got a really good deal on my tank i paid 400 for the tank a pine stand, glass tops and two strip lights.and i have a fluval canister filter thats i got for a good deal from a friend cause they upgraded to a fluval fx5.. but all together without the fish the tank was like 900 but i ave fake plants in m tank cause i don't really like live plants cause of the water conditions for my discus and the temperature of the tank.. if anyone has questions about how to help get your water right just ask ill be more then happy to help....
Joe

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh yes ... and I forgot to mention the glass top. The sum I mentioned above has everything already counted in. I have a plan and a list of things needed to buy and to perform ready. You can definitely save lots of money when someone gives you some equipment no longer needed. Otherwise, it's a lot of bucks to spend on all new stuff, huh? But ... it's all for the love of the hobby, lol

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
hey buddy,

the fishes look great.. Please post more photos, as they look really stunning

lee

Reaction score
hi joe,
do you keep anything else in your tanks as company or are you strictly discus i have 6 discus in a 50 gallon tank and some clown loaches.
can you also tell me what ph you prefer as mine is quite low but i dont want to go messing with it too much
i keep losing my discus too (four now) they just keep slowing down, head for the filter inlet until they get sucked on and i try to move them away but they keep coming back to that spot after that they are certainly dead in the morning
ps they dont lose colour before they die
hope you can help thanks

lee

discus guy

Reaction score
lee said:
hi joe,
do you keep anything else in your tanks as company or are you strictly discus i have 6 discus in a 50 gallon tank and some clown loaches.
can you also tell me what ph you prefer as mine is quite low but i dont want to go messing with it too much
i keep losing my discus too (four now) they just keep slowing down, head for the filter inlet until they get sucked on and i try to move them away but they keep coming back to that spot after that they are certainly dead in the morning
ps they dont lose colour before they die
hope you can help        thanks

lee
my ph is around 6 and i keep my discus with cardinal tetras and glowlite tetras thats it and a golden nugget pleco to keep the tank clean i have alot of driftwood that helps the h and the hardness of the water low.. what kind of filter do u have on your tank i have a fluval 405 canister with carbon pre filter and peat moss that also helps the hardness and the ph. get back to me ill try to help out all i can.

lee

Reaction score
my filter is a juwel compact which i have upgraded the pump to a 1000lph
since i'm in scotland the water here is very soft (maybe too soft) which could affect my ph too i think
but since you say your ph is about 6 that makes sense as mines is about that too. i thought that was very low but obviously not

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom