My discus are sick

Butterfly0624

I have a 150 gallon planted aquarium with 6 discus in. Iv only had the discus for around a week and already one has died. Last night I took notice it looked like they have sick and are still acting stressed out. I put the rapid cure treatment in there and turned the heat up. Does any one eles have any sugestions? This is the first time iv own Discus.

Amazoniantanklvr

A picture would help. While I love discus I don't own them so A201 will have to help you.

A201

Its been quite a while since I kept Discus. Always keep the temp between 82 - 86 degrees. Discus often suffer from internal parasites & HITH. If the Discus are still eating, Seachems Metroplex mixed with SeaChem's Focus & food is a good option.
There are numerous active FL, Discus Keepers. 86 ssinit Maybe one can provide additional info.

coralbandit

1 week huh ?...
How about the temp you keep the tank at ,size of disc and how often you change water ..
What are you feeding and do they eat ?
Are there other fish in the tank ?
How long has the tank been set up ?
Do you test or know your parameters ?
Why did you choose discus ?
Sorry but there is help and answers to those and maybe a few more questions will get you help a lot quicker ..
I would change water myself without thinking about it ..

86 ssinit

150 is a great tank for discus. So it comes down to all of corals questions we need answers to first to help.
We’re the discus local bought or shipped from a breeder?
Is the tank new or has it been running?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Krysty
  • Question
Replies
Views
DB87
  • Question
Replies
Views