My Daughters 55gal build.

Littlebudda
So my Daughter just picked up a 55 gal second hand with stand so here we go.
Will get photos as we go along

Advertisement
John58ford
I suppose you saw this one coming lol. Should be cool to see the younger mind at work, a 55 has a lot of space to be creative.

Advertisement
Littlebudda

IMG_6881.jpeg
Tank scrubbed.
IMG_6882.jpeg
With the stand.
Progress so far
IMG_6883.jpeg

Seasoldier
As it's a pre owned tank did you water test it to check for any leaks?

Littlebudda
As it's a pre owned tank did you water test it to check for any leaks?
It was running and we stripped it down traded fish in.

Aquatichobby
Cool
Do you no what fish interest you yet

Advertisement

Littlebudda
Cool
Do you no what fish interest you yet
She has put some guppies in there and the 2 giant snails that came with it and a few orange sunkist rcs so we can start breeding them. I think she wants a big school of neons and a school of embers but she is still not sure.

Aquatichobby
Can I try and point you away from neons
Let me explain. Neons have lots of genetic issues due to overbreeding. Unless you have a really good source I would advise not to.
Just don’t won’t your daughter to be destroyed after her fish slowly die.
I would recommend rummynose tetras serpie tetra. Just do research which I’m sure you’ve already don’t lots of
Let me explain. Neons have lots of genetic issues due to overbreeding. Unless you have a really good source I would advise not to.
I would recommend rummynose tetras serpie tetra. Just do research which I’m sure you’ve already don’t lots of

Littlebudda
Thanks for the advice, we actually get decent neons where I live reasonably priced and I have not lost a single neon in the last 2 batches that I have got (35 fish, 0 deaths).
I had stayed away from neons for this reason but tried again and they definitely appear to be hardier fish than years ago.

Aquatichobby
Dang
I love the colors but I can’t seem to find any good ones where I live

Advertisement

Littlebudda
Dang
I love the colors but I can’t seem to find any good ones where I live
We are lucky at the moment I was looking at the ones in the 330 tank today and thinking how good those ones have coloured up. I was sceptical about getting them because of the problems but I thought at the price of 10 neons for $20 I thought I may as well pick up 20 to add to the 10 I had and hopefully at least half would survive and I haven’t lost any. Will pick up another 20 or 30 when they get some nice ones in again in a few weeks.

Aquatichobby
Nice
It’s hard to get a nice school of neons normally people buy them over and over again till the strongest make it out
They also spend a fortune

Littlebudda

IMG_6908.jpeg
IMG_6907.jpeg
now ifs cleared up here are a couple of picks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquatichobby
Replies
Views
sunshine2012