My dad's wedding

frampy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been home in DC for my dads wedding this weekend just wanted to show you the cake my sister made for him. She is a pastry chef. My brother and I are chefs also it runs in the family. Some of the buildings you may know and some are family homes in DC. One is the church where the wedding was held. Here is the view from the reception also.

Attachments

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The cake looks great!

Save us a piece.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow! Art that tastes good! My sister-in-law made our cake, and it was inedible. Ack!

OP
frampy

frampy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My sister is amazing with the stuff she does. It always tastes better then it looks also. It was three flavors I got a piece of the vanilla with chocolate icing. One layer was chocolate and the last was lemon. She also made a gluten free cake but I didn't try that one it was for my cousin. She did a individual cake shaped like the capital building. It was just like the top of the main cake.

Got to also go to the redskins vs giants game last night. I got pulled over twice in a 3 mile span coming home but just got a warning ticket for a tale light out. So glad I wasn't drinking!!!!!!! I had my daughter with me for her 1st NFL game. I was 100% sober they were looking for DUI's in force!

OP
frampy

frampy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My sister is amazing with the stuff she does. It always tastes better then it looks also. It was three flavors I got a piece of the vanilla with chocolate icing. One layer was chocolate and the last was lemon. She also made a gluten free cake but I didn't try that one it was for my cousin. She did a individual cake shaped like the capital building. It was just like the top of the main cake.

Got to also go to the redskins vs giants game last night. I got pulled over twice in a 3 mile span coming home but just got a warning ticket for a tale light out. So glad I wasn't drinking!!!!!!! I had my daughter with me for her 1st NFL game. I was 100% sober they were looking for DUI's in force!

badrad

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glad you were sober with your daughter in the car! Not something to mess around with, not with such precious cargo.

That must have been a wonderful experience for your daughter and you on her first NFL game! Many Many more to come, I'm sure!

Congrats to your Dad! And kudos for your sister! So skilful and artistic, and tastes as great as it looks! You are truly blessed with an incredible family!

OP
frampy

frampy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah the skins lost but she had a blast and so did I.dad has had season tickets since he was 18 in three stadiums. She will see plenty more. 20 of us went down together for the game.

I never drink when she is with me its to much of a risk. Plus my ex wife would kill me! Jk

Picked up a half brother and sister at 43 kind of cool. Haven't been able to meet the brother he lives in Japan, but sis is cool.

New Threads