My Crypt Wendetti Is Melting With No Changes To Tank. Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by JackA99, Apr 15, 2018.

1. J

JackA99 Valued Member Member

All other plants in tank are fine. What could be causing this?

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Crypt melt is common among crypts.

They do this from changes in environment like the change from store water and your tank water.

3. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

It should bounce back.

4. Susiefoo

Susiefoo Well Known Member Member

Any changes to your lighting schedule? I only ask as my crypts start to melt when I don't have the lights on as long as usual e.g. if I'm away overnight. Remember that if you're using fluorescent tubes, they should be changed every 12 months or so as they start to lose their efficiency.

5. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Is this a new addition? Did water parameters change recently?

If the plant has otherwise been established (for several months) and is just now melting and it isn't due to parameter or lighting changes then it could be root bound.

Can you post a picture?

6. OP
    OP
    J

JackA99 Valued Member Member

Plants have been established for a few months. I have however tried to cut back on my lighting to limit algae growth. Nothing else has been added or changed,

7. Susiefoo

Susiefoo Well Known Member Member

It might well be the cutting back on light. It should adjust in time.

When I have my lights on less, my crypt wendtii is the only one that seems to be affected, so it does seem particularly sensitive to changes in light duration.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice