My Critters

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by Kenneth Howland, Jul 31, 2017.

1. K

Kenneth Howland New Member Member

I have a 10 year old red tail boa, a 20 year old corn snake, and a 2 year western hog nose. Then I have 4 fire belly toads, and a crested gecko. Follow those with a gerbil ( his companion died last month), two guinea pigs (one has developed an ovarian cyst), two tarantulas, and a betta. I had a musk turtle of over ten years, but he just passed. I replaced his tank with a new tank and got the Tetra Safestart, but I did something wrong and lost all but one fish. Not a great start

2. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

Wow it sounds like you have the snake thing wired! Do you know about the aquarium cycle? Do you have any test kits? What size tank do you have and how many fish did you try to put in it? Sorry to ask sooo many questions, but we need to know these things so we can figure out what went wrong.

3. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

4. OP
    OP
    K

Kenneth Howland New Member Member

Yes and no. I've had a variety of tanks in my life, both saltwater and freshwater. I'm more familiar with the cycling on saltwater tanks. I don't recall much information at the time concerning freshwater. Its a 10 gallon tank with a Marineland biowheel filter. I have test kits. I put 12 glofish (6 danios and 6 tetras) and one catfish. After everyone died, the LPS tested the water and there was no problems. I'm thinking it was the Tetra Safestart that killed them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice