My crazy ghost shrimp

ShaynaB

I just saw the funniest thing.

I put some blood worms into my betta tank, and as my betta was eating them, one of my shrimp went to the surface, turned himself over, and started stuffing himself with the blood worms. I thought it was cute, because of the size difference and everything. Gutsy little shrimp!

(This was my first time feeding blood worms)

I could have sworn they were bottom scavengers!

King_Snuggles

mine go ape **** over blood worms. my betta won't touch them but the shrimp love them. I have a ADF and gave him one with a pair of tongs. He had half of it down when a ghost shrimp came up and grabed it. they played tug of war with it but the shrimp won. he ended up pulling the entire worn out of the frogs mouth and running away with it. the best thing was this was the smaller of the shrimp not even half the size of the frog

Narcicius

that's pretty awesome I didn't realize that shrimp had such character and a taste for bloodworms

Lucy

Shayna, I read your post and had to run right over to see if my shrimp like them too, they are in with my tetra, who don't care for bloodworms. Both shrimp came right to the top turned over and gobbled them down. They sure are entertaining.

King_Snuggles, too bad you didn't have your camera! That's too funny.

King_Snuggles

I really wished I did the frog had his feet clamped on the glass and the rock and the shrimp would tug the entire frog along the bottom even with frog in full reverse!

Lucy

Who knew they were so strong!

Narcicius

Oh my gosh I can't believe shrimp are so funny, I have room I might just add a few to my tank very soon, and the shrimp dragging the frog is hilarious, I love stories like that. Can't believe that they are so playful like that.

froggypat

Narcicius said:
Oh my gosh I can't believe shrimp are so funny, I have room I might just add a few to my tank very soon, and the shrimp dragging the frog is hilarious, I love stories like that. Can't believe that they are so playful like that.
Dont your frogs eat the shrimp.

Narcicius

I don't actually own any frogs, or shrimp, and I now know that the shrimp dragging the frog is actually an act of aggression, the shrimp is trying to eat the frogs limbs. I would try to separate them immediately.

Latest threads

Top Bottom