My crayfish!

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
his name is Ozzy and I do not know what exact species of cray he is. The label the the fish shop said Australian Blue Crayfish. But after his last moult is isnt looking as blue as before.

also is there any Crayfish experts that can help me identify him as to what species he is?

orion4211

Reaction score
thats awesome....

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks! he is very cool! He is very shy though. Only comes out at night from his little den ( which he dug himself with the subsrate) and when I feed him. You should see them! I feed my little guy sinking wafers. When i drop a wafer in front of the cave that houses the den that houses the crayfish (lol), the minnows usually swim right to it and start picking at it. Then usually about 30 seconds after the wafer is dropped in ( sometimes sooner) Ozzy comes running out of his den with his claws up and chases the minnows away from his dinner! He the grabs the wafer with two little legs near his mouth and runs back into his den! It is worth not seeing him all day! lol. I once caught this on tape but the wafer went right by his den and he only had to come out a little bit to get it so it wasnt as special as usual.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love crayfishes! Anyway, has a forum and there are a lot of people there that are crayfish experts.

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aww, what a cutie! I know nothing about crayfish though, sorry.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom