My crayfish molted! ;) ;)

Anto26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello,
My Electric Blue Crayfish has just molted, and I have no idea what to do. Can you guys please help me?

Thanks!,
Anto

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You shouldn't have to do anything. Leave the molted shell in there for at least a day or two. The crayfish will munch on it and it is good for them to eat. If it is still there after a couple days, just remove it.

And as long as the crayfish has a nice comfortable place to hide while his new shell hardens, (or if he is all alone) he will be just fine.

Molting is a normal part of life for crayfish :) No reason to get be worried.

OP
Anto26

Anto26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok. Thanks!

kingguppy9000

Reaction score
Like the other person said, no she'll equals weak and is going to die if you have big fish, or mean fish, or agrees I've fish, set up a sweet little cave with three or so rocks for him to hide and when he feels safe he will come out and play. Can you post pics? Those crayfish look so freaking cool.

OP
Anto26

Anto26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kingguppy9000 said:
Like the other person said, no she'll equals weak and is going to die if you have big fish, or mean fish, or agrees I've fish, set up a sweet little cave with three or so rocks for him to hide and when he feels safe he will come out and play. Can you post pics? Those crayfish look so freaking cool.
I'm sad he just died out of the blue. I have no idea why. Check out my thread about it. :"( Here he his.

New Threads