My Crayfish Isn’t Eating

Whales7

hI Guys for the past few days my crayfish hasn’t been eating I’ve been waiting for her to moult but I can’t find her moult and she still isn’t eating and this is the longest gap between when she stopped eating and when she moulted. Is it because she’s picky? I usually give her chickpeas or lettuce do I need to give her some more protein like fish flakes? When I do give her fish flakes it’s the tetra tropical color granules because my dad has tropical fish. Or is it because she’s getting older? Are there longer periods between not eating and mounting as they mature?

richiep

it can be anything up to 5 days for her to molt mine often goes a little longer, I don't bother them once they go into hiding, at first I would drop some food in front of them but they never touched it, it's not protein but calcium to condition the shell for molting that's given in the way of broccolI peas lettuce spinach as she is now she won't eat anything if she is ready to molt and as they get older the time between molts gets longer

Whales7

richie.p said:
it can be anything up to 5 days for her to molt mine often goes a little longer, I don't bother them once they go into hiding, at first I would drop some food in front of them but they never touched it, it's not protein but calcium to condition the shell for molting that's given in the way of broccolI peas lettuce spinach as she is now she won't eat anything if she is ready to molt and as they get older the time between molts gets longer

Thanks, that really helped! I will keep an eye out

lonehunter

What kind of crayfish is it is electric blue if it is I can tell you from experience whenever I’ve had one prior to molting there blue color turns a little mor red and purple

richiep

HI Victoria any update on your problem
Heard nothing until lonehunter just posted

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom