My Crab Is Gone!

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Maicoolgirl, Apr 24, 2017.

1. M

Maicoolgirl New Member Member

I was cleaning my 29 gallon today so I moved two of my 2 inch golden claw crabs to my 10 gallon shrimp tank temporarily so I can move stuff and gravel vacuum. :banghead:I thought it was going to be okay because both tanks have lids and are covered but not even 5 minutes later when I looked over, I saw one of my crabs on the lid of my 10 gallon. I quickly grabbed it and put it into my 29 gallon but I couldn't find the other one, I think it might have crawled out but after looking for an hour I still couldn't find it anywhere. How long do I have until my crab dies without being in its tank? Is there a way to lure it out of hiding? What places would they hide in? What should I do? :nailbiting: I'm flipping out.

The water parameters are almost exactly the same in both tanks. 78 temperature, 0 ammonia, 0 nirates, 0 nirites. pH ranges around 7.4-7.8

2. Nauthes

Nauthes Valued Member Member

id start by looking around the tank. Maybe put a shallow dish of water near the bottom of the tank. or somewhere you might think he'd go.
    one thats slightly hidden and easy for him to crawl in.
    Like maybe a shallow bowl? maybe you'll find him in it. Just fill it with tank water.

3. Nauthes

Another idea i had.
    Keep in mind Ive never kept a crab, but maybe put some food in the water?
    Bait him with food in a water bowl?

4. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I hope you find him soon.

5. OP
    OP
    M

Maicoolgirl New Member Member

Thank you!!!! I finally found her!!! I have been waiting for hours and she finally gave up and crawled out from under my dresser and into a bowl with tank water.

6. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

7. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Congrats, you've still got crabs. :)

8. Nauthes

glad to hear she came out :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice