My Crab Is Gone!

1. M

Maicoolgirl New Member Member

I was cleaning my 29 gallon today so I moved two of my 2 inch golden claw crabs to my 10 gallon shrimp tank temporarily so I can move stuff and gravel vacuum. :banghead:I thought it was going to be okay because both tanks have lids and are covered but not even 5 minutes later when I looked over, I saw one of my crabs on the lid of my 10 gallon. I quickly grabbed it and put it into my 29 gallon but I couldn't find the other one, I think it might have crawled out but after looking for an hour I still couldn't find it anywhere. How long do I have until my crab dies without being in its tank? Is there a way to lure it out of hiding? What places would they hide in? What should I do? :nailbiting: I'm flipping out.

The water parameters are almost exactly the same in both tanks. 78 temperature, 0 ammonia, 0 nirates, 0 nirites. pH ranges around 7.4-7.8

2. Nauthes

Nauthes Valued Member Member

id start by looking around the tank. Maybe put a shallow dish of water near the bottom of the tank. or somewhere you might think he'd go.
    one thats slightly hidden and easy for him to crawl in.
    Like maybe a shallow bowl? maybe you'll find him in it. Just fill it with tank water.

3. Nauthes

Another idea i had.
    Keep in mind Ive never kept a crab, but maybe put some food in the water?
    Bait him with food in a water bowl?

4. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I hope you find him soon.

5. OP
    OP
    M

Maicoolgirl New Member Member

Thank you!!!! I finally found her!!! I have been waiting for hours and she finally gave up and crawled out from under my dresser and into a bowl with tank water.

6. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

:)

7. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Congrats, you've still got crabs. :)

8. Nauthes

glad to hear she came out :cool: