Important My cousin put one green scat in with his fully grown angels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neji

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Help!! The small green scat is a bully to the angels. he said that he will be moving the scat into a brackish water tank later on when the scat gets bigger. What should I tell him? I didn't think that he would put such a fish in with angels! :S

Help!!!

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would try to get the scat away from the angels asap.I know people that have had stressed angels(the fish were bullied) and had an ich outbreak.Too much stress can even kill the angels.Does your cousin have another aquarium?If so,he needs to put the scat in it.If your cousin lets the scat get bigger,the angels will probably get bullied even worse.

OP
N

Neji

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would try to get the scat away from the angels asap.I know people that have had stressed angels(the fish were bullied) and had an ich outbreak.Too much stress can even kill the angels.Does your cousin have another aquarium?If so,he needs to put the scat in it.If your cousin lets the scat get bigger,the angels will probably get bullied even worse.
He has another aquarium but with a betta, a few tetras and lots of live plants what can I tell him to do????? I told him to put in stress zyme type of liquid that will help fish regain their layer of slime.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd suggest standing up to him and get him to return the scat. That's the best for him and for all his other livestock. Then when he has a tank ready for it, he can go back and buy the scat. That's my opinion and that's what I'd do. Hope everything gets better soon. Best of luck!

OP
N

Neji

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd suggest standing up to him and get him to return the scat. That's the best for him and for all his other livestock. Then when he has a tank ready for it, he can go back and buy the scat. That's my opinion and that's what I'd do. Hope everything gets better soon. Best of luck!
Thanks I just told him to move the angel into the 10 gallon for a while. Although I think the 10 gallon might be a bit crowded since it's full of live plants but hopefully the angel will regrow some loss scales in no time I helped him do a big water change today. The scat seems to go crazy when the water isn't very clean I guess or maybe because the angel is a push over. I left his other angel in the 29 gallon because that angel doesn't seem to tolerate it when the scat bugs him so they should be fine. I hope the scat will forget about the angel later on in a week or so when I return the angel from the 10 gallon to the 29 gallon

OP
N

Neji

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe also that a Scat is more of a brackish water fish, and likely won't make it too long, in an established Angelfish tank. They are not very equal in water parameter needs.
I know. That's why he is wanting to move the scat into a brackish tank later on when it gets larger. For now he wanted to keep on while it is still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom