My cory's tail looks weird.

Cambrianexplosion24

Hello everybody! I posted about this on another forum I'm a member of but nobody has responded yet and sometimes that one takes a couple days anyway. I have a picture here of one of my corys that I got a few hours ago. I noticed this morning that he seems to have some sort of whitish discoloration on both sides of his upper tail fin that I don't recall seeing before. It looks like it might be fuzzy indicating a small fungal growth but I can't tell for sure so it might also be a skin issue. He's behaving perfectly normally and is actually nibbling on a sinking wafer in the picture but just to be on the safe side does anybody know if this is something that needs treatment and if so how? As far as I can tell none of my other 7 corys have anything similar albeit 4 are albino so it might be harder to tell in that case. None of the other fish species are showing any signs either.
cory tailfin.JPG

DoubleDutch

Personally I expect this to be bacterial.
Most fungal issues start on damaged skin / tissue.
Have you tried frequent waterchanges ?
How is the waterflow ?

Cambrianexplosion24

Personally I expect this to be bacterial.
Most fungal issues start on damaged skin / tissue.
Have you tried frequent waterchanges ?
How is the waterflow ?

Yes I have religiously kept up with water changes and actually just did a big one last night. Water flow is also very good, it's a very powerful external filter.

Similar Aquarium Threads

20 Gallon Tank Broken tail, betta fish
Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
Replies
Views
Wharsent
Replies