My Corydoras Behaviour

1. PeggySue

PeggySue New Member Member

I have 5 Corydoras I am trying to find out about some rather odd habits mine have.
    This is swimming at high speed back and forth across the tank almost continuously!!! I thought they were supposed to be bottom feeders. Although they do this, its true, but most of the time is spent speeding across the tank. It seems quite bizarre, Is there anyone out there that has Cordys or knows if this is normal behaviour? if so can you enlighten me or perhaps let me know if they could be suffering from something?
    I am feeding them various frozen foods that come in push out pouches plus Algae wafers and occasionally the dry flakes. They are voracious eaters when they are still long enough!!!
    Thank you

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Sometimes cories are zoomy little guys!

What species do you have? What size tank? What other fish are in the tank?

Can you take a pic of your tank?

FYI, I would avoid giving them algae wafers and instead get them a good meaty sinking pellet. They're mostly carnivorous, so algae wafers aren't good for them.

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

If you got them recent they are adapting.
    I you've them longer they are probably spawning

4. C

ChiefBrody Valued Member Member

They look for current and you'll see them frolic in it like that. Glass surfing is never what you want and adding more of the exact same species should help calm them down

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Just made this vid today of spawning Corys. Is this what you see ?

6. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Mine absolutely love playing in the current my filter creates (just make sure it's not too strong) depending on the cory, they will occupy different tank regions