My Cory thinks he is a dog!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by blhall38, Nov 30, 2012.

1. b

blhall38 New Member Member

Has anyone seen a Cory do this? I recently introduced live plants to my tank and some of my fish have taken a special liking to the large tuft of Java Moss I have. My Cory for example loves to dart in and out of the large ball of moss. He hangs out in it ALL day long. Now he has taken to resting on it upside down! I swear he is a dog reincarnated as a fish. Enjoy the pic.:eek: 102_1693.jpg

2. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

That's funny.

3. WaterSpirit

WaterSpirit Valued Member Member

time for a nap, or perhaps, a belly rub lol

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  4. escapay

escapay Well Known Member Member

Haha, that is great! I had a betta who would go head first in a fake plant I had and basically went to sleep... great way to sleep, isn't it?

5. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

Lol, that's hilarious. Maybe he wants to be an upside-down catfish (pun intended :))

6. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Cories do the craziest things. They are such a riot to watch.

7. h

hcroark Valued Member Member

It looks like he's dying!!

8. Butterbean

Butterbean Valued Member Member

How cute :;rl

9. l

lizzj Valued Member Member

That is hilarious.... I love corys, they have the best personalities!

10. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Oh cory, how I love thy antics;)

11. OP
    OP
    b

It is quite funny to watch him. He will swim straight up like he is going to gulp air, then goes in to a hover mode. Once he is in position over the moss, he just stops swimming and falls back. He will lay there for up to 5 minutes at a time. I think he likes the way it feels. He will disappear in one side of the moss ball, which is about the size of a basketball, and come out the other side. Then he will swim around the ball and do it again. Definitely fun to watch. I might need to get another.

12. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Lol I miss my corys they are little goofballs :)

13. OP
    OP
    b

So what is stopping you from getting more corys?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice