My Cory thinks he is a dog!

blhall38

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Has anyone seen a Cory do this? I recently introduced live plants to my tank and some of my fish have taken a special liking to the large tuft of Java Moss I have. My Cory for example loves to dart in and out of the large ball of moss. He hangs out in it ALL day long. Now he has taken to resting on it upside down! I swear he is a dog reincarnated as a fish. Enjoy the pic. 102_1693.jpg

escapay

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Haha, that is great! I had a betta who would go head first in a fake plant I had and basically went to sleep... great way to sleep, isn't it?

blhall38

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is quite funny to watch him. He will swim straight up like he is going to gulp air, then goes in to a hover mode. Once he is in position over the moss, he just stops swimming and falls back. He will lay there for up to 5 minutes at a time. I think he likes the way it feels. He will disappear in one side of the moss ball, which is about the size of a basketball, and come out the other side. Then he will swim around the ball and do it again. Definitely fun to watch. I might need to get another.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom