My Cory Family

CoryMac

not the best pics but here they are.

sticky fish

very nice fish you've got there

MeGustaUnaPez926

Oh, I think the pictures are nice. Just how many cories do you have? Your aquarium info lists what kinds, but not how many.

CoryMac

9 corys, I'm planing on upgrading to a 40 gal tank soon.

Lucy

Cute fish!

Amanda

Do you have one of every kind?

CoryMac

yes, they school with one another.

jen.chris

CoryMac said:
yes, they school with one another.
Really? Diffrerent species will school together-yay!
We've had a peppered cory for over a year, we just added a julI cory, another peppered cory & a green(not emerald) cory.
The last two were added today, but I have seen the julI swim by the older peppered cory- but he seems only interested in swimming with the red tail shark he grew up with.
I also got two upside down catfish- their neat!
Anyways- do you think my older cory will school with the younger corys eventually???

pinkfloydpuffer

Aw, I love cories ;D

bettafish2816

aw, they're adorable!

haedra

jen.chris said:
Anyways- do you think my older cory will school with the younger corys eventually???
I think that falls into the realm of "personality based" fish behavior. I've read of people who have different species schooling together (as in this thread), yet I have also read the opposite elsewhere, people saying that theirs never do.

I have all the same species (sterbai), and they don't school as much as when I first got them. My thoughts were that this was because they were more comfortable, and felt safe enough to venture "alone," though my tank is pretty small so it's not like they ever get that far away from each other. When I first got them they spent most of their time together, but now they spend a fair amount of time exploring, and nibbling at different things on their own. But when they are resting, they are always together. Well, and eating of course; but that is more like a frenzy, lol.

jen.chris

haedra said:
I think that falls into the realm of "personality based" fish behavior. I've read of people who have different species schooling together (as in this thread), yet I have also read the opposite elsewhere, people saying that theirs never do.
Ok, Thanks! I've been hearing/reading conflicting information about this subject, and it would make sense if it was somewhat of a comfort level aswell.

Shawnie

loveeeeeeeeee them!

Kets

What kind is the one in the upper left?

CoryMac

its a "Axelrodi" corydoras

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom